• 16.04.2024, 20:26
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

mstern

Mounting USB High Flow Sensor

Samstag, 11. Juli 2020, 06:21

The sensor has "Mounting threads: 4x M3, rectangularly arranged at intervals 35 x 44 mm". Is the idea, if you are going to use those, to drill holes in my case to mount it, or is there some sort of adapter plate to mount to a 120mm or 140mm fan or rad or similar?

Samstag, 11. Juli 2020, 09:59

The idea is that you'd use the existing holes in any convenient party of the case... if there are any.

The problem is that so few case manufacturers do anything that even matches others.

I have two Phanteks Enthoo level cases, both of which have brackets for mounting standard pumps... But the holes on each match not any of the common pump brackets, nor even each other. I ended up mounting my pump to the ventilation grille at the back of the case.

So unless you can get a little creative with Velcro™ strips, cable ties or happen to find some usable holes already, you may well have to drill a couple of your own.

RE: Mounting USB High Flow Sensor

Samstag, 11. Juli 2020, 14:40

The sensor has "Mounting threads: 4x M3, rectangularly arranged at intervals 35 x 44 mm". Is the idea, if you are going to use those, to drill holes in my case to mount it, or is there some sort of adapter plate to mount to a 120mm or 140mm fan or rad or similar?

You do not need to use all 4 holes to mount the device... 1 would be sufficient.

And if you have one of the port's (fittings) directly connected to a radiator or block, etc., you really do not need to use the mounting holes at all.

mstern

RE: Mounting USB High Flow Sensor

Samstag, 11. Juli 2020, 22:20

The idea is that you'd use the existing holes in any convenient party of the case... if there are any.

The problem is that so few case manufacturers do anything that even matches others.

I have two Phanteks Enthoo level cases, both of which have brackets for mounting standard pumps... But the holes on each match not any of the common pump brackets, nor even each other. I ended up mounting my pump to the ventilation grille at the back of the case.

So unless you can get a little creative with Velcro™ strips, cable ties or happen to find some usable holes already, you may well have to drill a couple of your own.
Thanks. Appreciate the help!

mstern

RE: RE: Mounting USB High Flow Sensor

Samstag, 11. Juli 2020, 22:25

You do not need to use all 4 holes to mount the device... 1 would be sufficient.

And if you have one of the port's (fittings) directly connected to a radiator or block, etc., you really do not need to use the mounting holes at all.
Thanks, for the reply! Makes sense. I'll probably just mount it directly to a rad outlet.