• 16.04.2024, 22:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

D5 not detected as Aquabus device

Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2020, 20:32

I have an Aquaero 5 LT, to which I connected a D5 with USB & Aquabus via the high speed aquabus port (and to the motherboard via USB).
The pump is detected in the left hand menu and I can manually adjust the speed, and it claims the firmware is up to date. When I go to Aquaero > aquabus and hit "Find aquabus devices" it's not detected at all.
As it's an older model and obviously out of warranty by now I opened up the rear cover to see if I could spot the problem. I can see what appears to be corrosion around the solder joint linking the 4th pin of the ribbon cable to the control board, see below. Is that connection anything to do with the Aquabus header, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2020, 08:11

Is it me or is that dried out blue dye next to that solder point you believe is corrosive?

Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2020, 14:52

I think the blue might have been a reflection of my keyboard lighting in whatever residue is there.

Looking at the ribbon cable, the first three points attach to the pump PCB around where the pot normally goes on a Vario and that one goes to where the tach signal is normally attached. Tach reads fine in Aquasuite, so it looks like I'm back to the drawing board.

Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2020, 16:44

This connection has nothing to do with the aquabus. It is just for the PWM control and RPM monitoring.

It might be possible that the aquabus interface port on your controller board is damaged.

With a multimeter that has diode testing capabilities you can easily check that yourself.

Please check the attached photo:

aquabus_test.jpg

The following test must be performed while the pump is not connected at all.

Set your multimeter to the diode testing icon that I have marked with red circles. Put the black ground tip to the first pin of the aquabus port and the red voltage tip to the second pin of the aquabus port. If the aquabus port is OK you will get a reading of about 1,9 volt. Repeat this measurement with +/- in reverse.

Some cheaper multimeter might only show "OL" (overload) or something like that to tell you that the measured value is too high for the device. Well, you can still consider it as OK in this case.

A reading with a voltage below 1,0 volt indicates a damage of the aquabus interface.

Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2020, 19:08

Thanks Sven - I do only have a cheap meter, which displays 1 with no contact. Red tip to the second pin briefly flashes a number ranging from ~1600-1900 then back to 1, measuring in reverse gives me a steady 869 or 870.
What does this mean for the controller? I don't mind trying to replace SMDs if I only knew what they were.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »woe2you« (24. Juli 2020, 13:09)

Montag, 10. August 2020, 20:07

So if it's definitely dead is there any way I can buy a replacement controller board? Seems like a waste of a perfectly functional pump as it is.