• 18.04.2024, 04:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

New: ULTITOP D5 DUAL - The Teamplayer

Freitag, 24. Juli 2020, 13:21

The team player: ULTITOP D5 DUAL

After we received a lot of positive feedback from our customers about the ULTITOP D5 being one of the very best D5 pump housings, we are now expanding our tops range with a real team player: the ULTITIOP D5 DUAL.

By using this dual pump top, the pressure provided by the two pumps connected in series is doubled and redundant operation in case of failure of one pump is provided.

The ULTITOP D5 DUAL was designed to follow the virtues of the ULTITOP D5 and offers low operating noise and practical installation with decoupling in the most compact dimensions possible.

Accordingly, we have worked intensively during development to keep the operating noise of the pump as low as possible. For this purpose, the geometry of the pump housing was optimised on the principle of the well-known ULTITOP D5.

The assembly is extremely easy and can be done in a few seconds. The enclosed mounting plate with a decoupling can be mounted in two positions which are shifted by 90° to each other. The mounting plate can also be combined with the D5 fan mount for 120 and 140 mm fixings.

To eliminate the remaining vibrations in the smallest possible space, the already proven ULTIDAMPERS are included. These decoupling elements made of extremely soft silicone have been computed by many simulations and provide the perfect level of decoupling. The ULTITOP D5 DUAL uses four of the ULTIDAMPERS.

The ULTITOP D5 DUAL is made of acetal in our company on the most advanced CNC machines. The high-quality retaining ring is turned from aluminium and is black anodised.

As with all our products, the connections are G1/4".

The price is 79,90 Euro. The ULTITOP D5 DUAL will be available soon.

Freitag, 24. Juli 2020, 13:37

Very nice product!
How it will be with D5 NEXT's virtual flow sensor, will it be modified to calculate flow with two pumps in a loop?
Or perhaps D5 NEXT's screen can be used to display external flow sensor measurements (e.g. mps400 flow readings to be displayed on a pump's screen)?

Freitag, 24. Juli 2020, 13:45

The virtual flow sensor will still not work with two pumps. But you can connect a external flow sensor at the fan connector of one pump.

Freitag, 24. Juli 2020, 13:54

Will the configuration in the picture below work with the reservoir in the vertical position?

Freitag, 24. Juli 2020, 14:33

No, because air will get trapped in the upper pump.

Montag, 27. Juli 2020, 23:27

Hello
I've read from https://www.techpowerup.com/review/aqua-…terblock/6.html that your kryos next implies quite more drag than usual: would you recommend that dual pump or a standard one for a loop with kryographics NEXT RTX 2080 Ti+ kryos next amd4/3000+2x240mm standard radiators?
thank you

Dienstag, 28. Juli 2020, 17:37

Standard :) No need for a high performance pump in such a loop.

Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2020, 04:02

Hello
I've read from https://www.techpowerup.com/review/aqua-…terblock/6.html that your kryos next implies quite more drag than usual: would you recommend that dual pump or a standard one for a loop with kryographics NEXT RTX 2080 Ti+ kryos next amd4/3000+2x240mm standard radiators?
thank you
I am currently running a Cuplex Kryos Next Vision plus two Titan RTXes in series in a loop with a single 480x60mm rad (temporary until my Ultitube setup arrives). With a single D5 Next pump at 100% load, I see 170lph at 4800rpm. If that flowrate will not adequately cool your system, you have other problems.

I also have an identical loop in the same machine, but with only two Titan RTXes in it. With a single D5 Next pump at 100% load, I see 190lph at 4800rpm.

The difference between the two is minimal and is at least partially attributable to the fact that I'm running tubing with extra bends in order to accommodate the Cuplex temporarily while waiting for new parts. It is normally on its own loop, and the temporary setup has a couple of extra 90deg couplers in it.

Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2020, 21:52

thank you very much both for your answers! really appreciated

Reservoir

Donnerstag, 24. Dezember 2020, 06:50

Is it necessary to use a separate reservoir with this pump housing?