• 18.04.2024, 20:47
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Problems with Quadro

Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2020, 18:48

Hello,

I am having problems with my Quadro device - wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions. When making changes to fans on ANY of the 4 fan ports, often times the change does not stick. Example - fan at 50% - change to 60% - disk icon comes up, then goes away. Aquasuite shows set 60%, fan shows 50%. If I keep making changes and prompting the disk icon to come up, eventually the change will stick. It seems like the Quadro isn't accepting the data. I can even change settings on fan 1/2/3, settings do not seem to apply, then by the time I change settings on fan 4, ALL previous changes apply at the same time. I hope this make sense.

I recently bought a D5 Next pump in the system. This does NOT exhibit these problems and works perfectly fine. This "delay" also seems to cause issues with the "Curve Controller" on the fans being based on water temperature - like it's delaying the ramp up/down as it's not getting info.

I have tried different USB ports on the board (Asus Crosshair VII X470), as well as a complete format and reinstall of Windows, and a "factory reset" of the Quadro and nothing seems to help. When I first got my Quadro earlier this year it was on X.11 and it was always very responsive and worked well. Ever since X.12 firmware update, it's acted strange and I haven't been able to solve it but I figured either a firmware update or a windows reinstall would fix it. Unfortunately that's not the case - I've gone all the way to X.24 and still the issue persists.

Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2020, 19:09

At our firmware we didn't apply any changes that could explain this issue. Same at the aquasuite.

There are still issues with AMD USB drivers that can cause strange USB issues. You may check if you are using now a newer USB driver due automatic updates by Windows. Also you can try to search manual for different drivers and try again.
If it is easy for you I would suggest to connect the QUADRO to another PC (at least USB) and try again.

Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2020, 23:22

Thanks Stephan. I did some troubleshooting and used a USB-A cable to 4 pin MB header and tried from my Intel laptop - works flawlessly.

For further testing I did some research on the motherboard. All internal USB headers come from X470 Chipset. I have 2x external USB ports that are from CPU directly and 2x external USB ports from ASMedia controller. Using USBTreeView software and the cable I tested both CPU and ASMedia ports. These all work perfectly, and any external port on X470 chipset also shows the problem. So it is indeed a problem with X470 chipset USB controller it appears.

It looks like the only drivers available are built-in Microsoft drivers. I attempted a workaround I found to install the USB 3.1 drivers from AMD for Windows 7 but this causes a LOT of problems. I will just use the external port and route the wire internally as this seems to be the best solution for the time being without replacing the motherboard or adding a PCIe card.

Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2020, 09:48

Hopefully AMD will supply better drivers soon. We can not do really much at our side to solve this.