• 17.04.2024, 01:45
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Al..

purchase advice please

Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2020, 10:52

I already own D5 Next pump and want to add the following, what else do i need, and will it all work together.
RGBpx compatible LED ring for reservoirs with 60 mm
farbwerk 360

also looking for a flow sensor. to add.
Thanks

Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2020, 23:10

The ring comes with a cable that connects it frm the 'In' on the ring to the 'Bus' port on your D5 Next.

This port can run up to 90LEDs. Now the ring only has 12 LEDs... but it also has an 'Out' as well, so you can add in another 78 LEDs. That's five more of the standard 15 LED strips, all daisy chained together. Don't forget you can also set up to 20 different controllers in Aquasuite, each with different effects anywhere along that daisy chain.

So, you may not even need the Farbwerk at all - Believe me, I made that mistake, although I'm still going to install mine, just 'because'! :)

However, if you want to install the Farbwerk as well, that's no problem. Both this and the D5 run their separate channels through Aquasuite and you can configure it however you like!
Flow sensor - The D5 has a virtual one, but if you want a better option, I understand the MPS400 is highly rated - https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=2900

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tasky« (30. Juli 2020, 23:11)

Al..

Freitag, 31. Juli 2020, 12:48

would i connect the flow sensor to the d5 next bus, or direct to usb header on mother board.
Yes you are correct with leds, i already made the mistake and ordered the kit with board. ;(

thanks

Samstag, 1. August 2020, 23:27

would i connect the flow sensor to the d5 next bus, or direct to usb header on mother board.
Yes you are correct with leds, i already made the mistake and ordered the kit with board. ;(

thanks

With this one you'd have to connect it to a USB header if you want the LEDs as well.

You could quite happily use the D5 bus if you really wanted, but that bus will only run the flow sensor or the RGB kit - It won't do both at the same time.

Personally, I'd suggest trying the virtual flow sensor on the D5 first, see how you get on with that. Whichever you choose, just make sure you're using Aquacomputer's own Deep Protect Ultra fluid, as other makes tend to give very false readings.