• 18.04.2024, 20:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Power EK-AIO 360 D-RGB pump via AC Octo?

Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2020, 21:41

Hi all,

The full manual for the EK-AIO 360 D-RGB can be found here: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109815847.pdf.

Has anyone powered the pump of an EK-AIO 360 D-RGB pump via an AquaComputer Octo? Is there any reason that this wouldn't work?

Thanks.

Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2020, 23:02

Well, I think you could certainly power it from the Octo alright... Might be a bit of a faff directing the CPU_Fan header signal through Aquasuite, through the Octo, to the pump, though.

Surely it's simpler to just run the 4-pin connector directly off CPU_Fan, and then connect the 5v RGB connector to the Octo with an RGBpx male adapter?
That way the pump and fans will adjust according to CPU requirements, and your RGB will have all the glory Aquasuite can offer!

Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2020, 23:21

Please delete. Thanks.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Psychor« (30. Juli 2020, 23:25)

Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2020, 23:22

Well, I think you could certainly power it from the Octo alright... Might be a bit of a faff directing the CPU_Fan header signal through Aquasuite, through the Octo, to the pump, though.

Surely it's simpler to just run the 4-pin connector directly off CPU_Fan, and then connect the 5v RGB connector to the Octo with an RGBpx male adapter?
That way the pump and fans will adjust according to CPU requirements, and your RGB will have all the glory Aquasuite can offer!

I had to Google "faff." :D

Thanks for replying. So the included fans I'll be replacing and running thorough the Octo anyway. I was thinking that if I ran the pump through the Octo I'd also be able to keep an eye on the pump RPM. That way I could monitor everything via Aquasuite.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Psychor« (30. Juli 2020, 23:25)

Samstag, 1. August 2020, 23:39

Faff... yeah, sorry. Overly complicated task that doesn't really need doing and doesn't actually achieve much in the end. Mucking about, basically.
I was thinking that if I ran the pump through the Octo I'd also be able to keep an eye on the pump RPM. That way I could monitor everything via Aquasuite.

I don't know if you'd need to do something special to the devices settings in Aquasuite, in order to differentiate it as a pump rather than a fan. I'm not (yet) an expert on Aquasuite, so maybe someone else will advise...

In theory, though, I think that would work just fine.