• 16.04.2024, 22:53
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Lucky75

Aquero connectors

Mittwoch, 12. August 2020, 10:06

Hello guys,
I buyed aquero 6 PRO controller and need a little help with cabling...
I have
1. 28 pcs - 140mm PWM fans that wan to connect there. I think to use 4 Splitty with 9 ports each.
2. 2 pumps,
3. Flow sensor,
4. 4 temperature sensors - water
5. 4 temperature sensors Air.
6. Real-time clock.

Also do you have special cabling connection for PSU and how to connect PSU cable for emergency ?

Mittwoch, 12. August 2020, 11:44

Can you supply some more info please, what make and model of 140 fan are you using and how many do you plan to connect to each splitty9? Each Splitty9 can take a maximum 5A so this info is required. With 4 banks of fans you will also need a Quadro to give you an additional 4 fan headers to connect your pumps. What type of flow sensor? You may require a Hubby7 to give you additional USB2 ports. Most motherboards only have 2, you will need 3 if you are using an Aquacomputer flow sensor. There are 8 sensor headers on the Aquaero6 and the Quadro has 4 more so plenty for the 8 you want. Power is a 4 pin Molex to each device from the PSU. If you only have SATA connectors you'll need something like This or This
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Lucky75

Mittwoch, 12. August 2020, 14:00

Thank You for your reply.

Fans are Be quiet! Pure Wings 2 - 140 - 1600rpm (140x140x25mm):

General Specifications

Model: Pure Wings 2 140mm
Revolutions at 12V (RPM): 1,600
Displacement volume at 100% (cfm, m3/h): 94.2 / 160
Air pressure at 12V (mm H2O): 1.82
Volume @ 25% / 50% / 100% (dB(A)): 16.1 / 24.1 / 37.3
Mechanical Specifications

Dimensions (LxWxH): 140 x 140 x 25mm
Bearing technology: rifle
Motor technology: 4-pole fan motor
Cables and Connectors

Connector plug: 4-pin
Cable length: 450mm
Performance Data

Lifespan at 25°C (hours): 80,000
Electrical Data

Rated voltage (V): 12
Operating voltage range (V): 5~12
Rated current (A): 0.3
Power consumption (W): 3.6

Flow sensor is:

Flow sensor high flow G1/4 for aquaero, aquastream XT ultra and poweradjust

I already have HUBBY7 and will use it.
My idea is to use 4 x Splitty with 9 PWM FANs each one on every Aquero fan ports.
But where to connect the pumps ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Lucky75« (12. August 2020, 14:10)

Donnerstag, 13. August 2020, 06:23

9X fans would not be a problem as the max is 5A, your fans are 0.3A each so a total of 2.7A. The only problem if i remember correctly is the PWM pickup on that make/model of fan. You may need the Splitty9 Active. If you search the forum i'm sure that make/model of fans PWM pickup is mentioned as not being to the Intel spec but i'm not 100% sure i'm correct, maybe @Shoggy or @sebastian could verify? I mentioned getting a Quadro above as it has an additional 4 PWM fan headers which you can connect and control your pumps from.

Lucky75

Donnerstag, 13. August 2020, 09:36

Are you sure that I need the Splitty9 Active ? In Splitty 9 have a jumper to change from 3 pin to aquabus mode, I think it should be enough.

Donnerstag, 13. August 2020, 18:57

If you want to connect 9 Fans, it is recommended to use the Splitty9 Active. The Problem is the Aquaero, not the Splitty9.

Each Fan connector on the Aquaero 6 is rated for 2.5A. (Read the manual, Page 8 on the PDF: https://aquacomputer.de/handbuecher.html…o_6_english.pdf

Zitat

aquaero 6:Maximum current is 2.5 A per output independent of output voltage. Outputs will be switched off if amplifier temperatures reach a critical level and will automatically be reactivated when cooled down.
If an output current of 3 A is exceeded, the output will be permanently disabled. To reactivate the output, the aquaero (or the complete PC) has to be disconnected from power for a short period of time.
Your Fans need 0.3A each, so you can only connect 8 Fans to a Splitty9... Overcurrent protection will prevent damage on the Aquaero, but the Fans will stop spinning...

A Quadro or Octo are rated for 2.0A on each Fan Connector.

I suggest you buy a Quadro and connect it to the Aquaero6 with an Aquabus cable. This gives you additional 4 Fan ports that are controlled by the Aquaero.
Then buy 5 regular Splitty9. Connect 4 Splitty9 with 6 fans each on the Aquaero, 1 Splitty9 with 4 Fans on the Quadro, and the two Pumps on the Quadro.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (13. August 2020, 19:43)

Lucky75

Freitag, 14. August 2020, 09:43

That is a good plan, thank you.

So just to be sure that I get clear your advice.
I need quadro because I need more power for all my FANs.
So then 4 port or 8 port is better for all my devices ?

Actually I checked my plan again ... So I have on Aquero 4 FAN ports, I will put 4 Splitty 9 there with 8 FANs each.
That is is 2.4A on each FAN port ... if Aquero is ok with that configuration all is fine by me.
I will have port 1 - Splitty 9 with 8 Bitfenix 230mm FANs.- Radiator 1
Port 2 -Splitty 9 with 8 Be Quiet Pure Wings 2 - Radiator 2
Port 3 - Splitty 9 with 8 Be Quiet Pure Wings 2 - Radiator 3 and 4.
Port 4 - Splitty 9 with 3 or 7 Be Quiet Pure Wings 2 - Radiator 4 and all case fans.
So I think all of mine plan is good without Quadro.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Lucky75« (14. August 2020, 10:00)

Freitag, 14. August 2020, 11:38

If you had read what i wrote, the reason i suggested the Splitty9 Active is because I believe the make and model fan is not compliant to the Intel PWM Spec, if that is the case you won't be able to control them with a normal splitty9, hence why I said you may need the Splitty9 Active and why I asked @Shoggy or @sebastian to confirm. :whistling:

Lucky75

Freitag, 14. August 2020, 12:25

Now I got your point and if it is the case then I need to think how to prepare another Power cable outside the pc case to my MO-RA 3 radiator.
For another all is ok with just e Splitty 9.

Freitag, 14. August 2020, 16:58

I believe the make and model fan is not compliant to the Intel PWM Spec
Only Noctua and EKWB Fans have problems with Aquaero+Spllitty9.
Noctua is not compliant with the PWM Spec that the Aquaero is using.
EKWB dont work on a Splitty9, because the Tach cables are all connected together.
All other Fans should work fine on an Aquaero with Splitty9.

That is is 2.4A on each FAN port ... if Aquero is ok with that configuration all is fine by me.
The Aquaero should be fine, but the load on the Aquaero is high. It may be necessary to cool the Aquaero.
You can buy a passive heat sink for the Aquaero 6: https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3175
And make sure the Aquaero gets some airflow to cool the components. A case fan infront of the Aquaero should be enough.

Please check the power consumption of the Bitfenix Fans. If it is higher than 0.3A, it may overload the Aquaero.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (14. August 2020, 17:37)

Lucky75

Montag, 17. August 2020, 08:57

I already buy passive heat sink and wondering to get water block also to install it into heat sink.
So then heat issue should be solved.

I have 4 Fan ports with 4 Splitty 9 -> 8 FANs each.

So my FANs issues should be solved then.

how to connect 2 pumps with aquabus ? Which ports to use for communication with Aquero ?
Is it USB enough or need aquabus also ?