• 18.04.2024, 17:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Farbwerk 360 with pccooler fans?

Mittwoch, 12. August 2020, 14:56

Hoping to get some tips on what i need for a bulk order for my new build.

so i have 2x 5 packs of the pccooler moonlight fans from aliexpress on the way. The plan is to have 5 of them connected to one hub and 4 on the other hub and have each of them connected to a rgbpx channel on the farbwerk 360.

These fans each have 18 addressable leds and they have a 4pin 5v connector much like corsair where they have data in and data out and are connected in series but are using your typical 4 pin motherboard header plug. The hub for the fans also gets power via molex (not sure if this is an issue for farbwerk since it works with motherboard headers).

option 1- get 1x farbwerk 360 and have the fan hubs connected to a channel each on the farbwerk 360

option 2- get 3x farbwerk 360 and have each of the fans connected to their own channel on farbwerk 360 (if pinout on the fan rgb connector doesnt match the farbwerk header then mod the cable)
option 3 get 1x farbwerk 360 and 3x splitty 4 and mod the fans to a corsair connector.

i would rather go with option 1 or 2 so its less work for me :)

Freitag, 14. August 2020, 00:47

So I opted out of their rgb hub entirely and got these splitters instead (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/40006489….53864c4diWwqLt).

Have no idea if they work though, I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered.
Edit: Got them. I have the 3 pack instead of the 5 pack of the pc cooler fans which is the 3-pin jst. No, the splitters did not work out of the box. The pinouts were wrong and I had to change the pinouts. If you're comfortable with doing that then you can buy the 4-pin splitters above.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Ackeys« (20. August 2020, 22:32)