• 16.04.2024, 21:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

high flow NEXT - The next generation of flow sensors

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 11:17

high flow NEXT - The next generation of flow sensors

Our proven high flow flow sensor has been the reference for flow measurement in water cooling systems for years. It provides high precision, ruggedness, durability and almost no flow resistance. However, we have decided to carry these qualities into a new generation of flow sensors and to extend them with new exceptional features.

Measuring mechanics - the heart of the sensor
Based on the principle of the proven mechanics of the high flow, we have refined the measuring system. The measurement is performed as usual by a rotor whose speed is measured contactless by a magnetic sensor system. With the high flow NEXT the resolution of the measurement is quadrupled compared to the high flow by using two sensors and a smart analysis.

A minimum operation noise is achieved by an optimally calibrated bearing play at each sensor. In addition, the new sensors can be operated in any mounting position. Furthermore, the direction of flow is still not specified - this ensures an easy installation in any system. The measuring system has also been extended in its measurement range and can now measure flows of 35-1000 l/h!

We have used the highest quality plastics to manufacture the parts. The housing has been manufactured using the same proven glass fibre reinforced plastic as for the high flow. There was never a single defect on one of our sensors!

Measuring accuracy - simply world class
While the accuracy of the high flow sensor was already outstanding, we have now invested months of effort in an even more precise reading. The high flow NEXT offers the possibility to use calibration curves that can be adjusted by the user in addition to the factory calibration. There are also presets that can compensate for the influence of water, DP Ultra and various connection types.

Coolant quality - good to know
Again and again we have been asked: When should I change my coolant? How do I recognize corrosion in the circuit?
Now the high flow NEXT provides the answer! We have integrated a very precise measuring system for the electrical conductivity of the coolant. This is capable to measure the conductivity between 2-200 µS and determine the quality of the coolant. If corrosion occurs or if the corrosion protection inhibitors are used up, the conductivity of the coolant increases significantly. This is detected by the sensor and corrosion and biological attack can be prevented by changing the coolant.

Water temperature - highly accurate and measured as swift as an arrow
The high flow 2 and the high flow NEXT feature a highly accurate and also extremely responsive water temperature sensor. This not only allows the water temperature to be determined but also, in combination with a second sensor, the power currently being dissipated by the cooling system.

The electronics - everything works together
The electronics of the high flow NEXT is an absolute masterpiece. The dimensions of the high flow NEXT are much smaller than the well-known high flow while it has a highly sophisticated electronics with display, alarm buzzer and a complete RGBpx interface including AMBIENTpx support! The connection to the PC is made via the USB interface; this also supplies the required power.

Three buttons allow a simple and direct configuration of the sensor within the menu. The graphical display can show all measured values from the sensor either as a graph or in a value format. All display pages are freely user-selectable and can be changed automatically.

To provide a visual flow control the sensor has 10 RGBpx LEDs integrated directly in the housing. In their default configuration they provide a rotating flow indicator which changes the speed depending on the flow rate. The effects can be configured freely and of course depending on sensor values using the aquasuite.

The signal output of the high flow NEXT is able to simulate the signals of the popular high flow sensor or to output a speed signal for mainboards (100 l/h correspond to 1000 RPM).

Using the aquabus interface, the data of the high flow NEXT is forwarded to the aquaero and is available for further processing. The aquabus interface can also be used for power supply, but in this case the RGBpx functionality is not available.

On alarm - the direct link
All sensors values can be monitored with alarm limits using the high flow NEXT. If an alarm occurs, it can be indicated both acoustically via the integrated buzzer and optically using the LEDs. In addition, the computer can be switched off using the signal interface of the high flow NEXT connected to the power button input at the mainboard. Alternatively, the alarms can be further processed in the aquasuite Playground section.

RGBpx - Always in the spotlight
The high flow NEXT supports RGBpx and is able to control up to 90 connected LEDs. All known effects including the dynamic backlight for monitors (AMBIENTpx) are provided.

Currently 23 different effect groups are available for individual adjustment. The effects can be driven based on sensor values.

The high flow NEXT also provides the option to use up to eight software sensors. These sensors can be provided by the PC via USB to get actual measured values. The data from all Aqua Computer devices and the hardware monitoring are available as data sources.

The aquasuite software - nothing more is possible
The high flow NEXT is topped by the well-known aquasuite software and our promise: More is not possible.
No other manufacturer can provide you with a software package that offers this functionality, adaptability and depth. We will continue investing a lot of time in the aquasuite software to improve it continuously.

Completely customizable overview pages, desktop overlays, hardware monitoring, web interfaces, a playground with virtual sensors that are simply created in a graphical way and complex modules like e-mail notifications in case of alarms etc. Almost every task can be solved by the aquasuite.

The high flow NEXT is available at a price of 69,90 Euro.

high flow 2 - The new generation with water temperature measurement

You simply need an ultra-rugged flow sensor? Water temperature measurement would be a nice addition? All this in a simple and elegant way, CNC milled from solid acetal? Then the high flow 2 is exactly the right choice.

The high flow 2 has much more compact dimensions than its predecessor. In the beautifully designed housing made of acetal, the very precise and fast water temperature sensor is integrated next to the flow sensor. The stainless steel cover of the sensor is fixed by magnets and can be easily opened with a strong magnet.

The signal of both sensors is output via a shared connector. Unlike its predecessor, a connecting cable is now included in the package. This cable is designed as a universal connector and has the required plugs for all devices offered by us. The sensor has three M3 mounting holes on the bottom side.

The high flow 2 is offered at a price of 49,90 Euro

high flow LT - Reduced to the essentials

Just measure the flow rate? Low-priced and reliable - that is the high flow LT. It offers the same measuring mechanism as the high flow NEXT and no other additional functions. If this is sufficient for you, you will find an excellent flow sensor here.

The high flow LT is already available for 29,90 Euro including connection cable.

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 11:41

Literally just saw this on YouTube and came straight here!!
I am impressed. I've no room for one in my case, really, but I still want one nonetheless!

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 11:46

Very nice addition to the lineup.
When they will be available to order?

BTW, are calibration curves and coolant/connections calibration available for the whole new lineup, or only for NEXT sensor?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »k2viper« (26. August 2020, 12:10)

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 12:32

How come you have a flow sensor for people who don't want a screen and RGB but don't do the same with pumps? Please bring back a simpler Aquabus pump.

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 12:43

Very nice addition to the lineup.
When they will be available to order?

BTW, are calibration curves and coolant/connections calibration available for the whole new lineup, or only for NEXT sensor?

These are only available to the high flow NEXT as calibration is performed inside the sensor electronics.

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 13:50

Zitat

The dimensions of the high flow NEXT are much smaller than the well-known high flow

The distance between the two ports is the same as the old High Flow?

Rol1n

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 17:01

What pressure drop is expected on new sensors (old high flow had 0.3PSI at 1 GPM)?

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 17:28

Pressure drop is nearly exact the same as at the high flow sensor and less than many fittings :)

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 18:10

Is the RGB on these avoidable? I would rather avoid the hassle of dealing with rgb cables as I don't use any, nor do I have any controller for it.

On another note, how would you folks recommend that one integrates this with an Aquastream Ultimate? Should I leave the alarm PC power connector on the aquastream (maybe the flow has newer functionality, idk)?
I would assume the way to route it is the signal header (so this is just a pwm connection,right?) from flow next goes to aquastream flow header and the USB header goes to mainboard usb 3 socket - is this correct? I'll also be adding a Splitty9 active if that somehow changes anything in the routing.

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 18:58

DAsunder
You dont need to connect any RGBpx cables if you do not plan to use device's RGB functionality.
Only USB and (optionally) aquabus are needed for operation, also it can be aquabus-only.

Rol1n

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 19:53

Pressure drop is nearly exact the same as at the high flow sensor and less than many fittings :)
Good to know! Usually you don't find this info in specs and when planning a loop its difficult to calculate total pressure drop (including fittings :) )
I personally was expecting 1.2 GPM for my setup (2x360 rads (0.5 psi drop each) + CPU / GPU plates (max 1 psi drop each)) while in reality got 0.7 GPM on a D5 max speed when measured with high flow .....

Rol1n

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 20:07

Is the RGB on these avoidable? I would rather avoid the hassle of dealing with rgb cables as I don't use any, nor do I have any controller for it.

On another note, how would you folks recommend that one integrates this with an Aquastream Ultimate? Should I leave the alarm PC power connector on the aquastream (maybe the flow has newer functionality, idk)?
I would assume the way to route it is the signal header (so this is just a pwm connection,right?) from flow next goes to aquastream flow header and the USB header goes to mainboard usb 3 socket - is this correct? I'll also be adding a Splitty9 active if that somehow changes anything in the routing.
If you plan monitoring only the flow and connect it to a master device (aquastream in your case), you can connect high flow cable to aquastream using 3 pin adapter?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Rol1n« (26. August 2020, 20:19)

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 21:27

Will both of these units work with the quadro or octo and its flow input? I cant fit the Aquaero in my case, unfortunately.

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 22:06

Zack S.
Aquaero in 6LT modification is quite compact and dont need 5,25 bay to fit.
Nor Octo or Quadro can act as master aquabus device, though, you can use Octo/Quadro and high flow Next in one system and have flow, temp and water quality monitoring.
These "flow" inputs on Quadro/Octo/Aquaero are for older flow sensors without USB functionality.
All USB flow sensors are standalone devices and do not need master devices to function.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »k2viper« (26. August 2020, 22:08)

Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 23:12

Zitat

Coolant quality - good to know
Again and again we have been asked: When should I change my coolant? How do I recognize corrosion in the circuit?
Now the high flow NEXT provides the answer! We have integrated a very precise measuring system for the electrical conductivity of the coolant. This is capable to measure the conductivity between 2-200 µS and determine the quality of the coolant. If corrosion occurs or if the corrosion protection inhibitors are used up, the conductivity of the coolant increases significantly. This is detected by the sensor and corrosion and biological attack can be prevented by changing the coolant.

I had a basic concept of the water quality measurement, but went looking for a bit better understanding. THIS CLIP was helpful.

Now to get one.

Donnerstag, 27. August 2020, 00:44

Very cool and nice to see an update design. :thumbup:

Donnerstag, 27. August 2020, 03:17

How come you have a flow sensor for people who don't want a screen and RGB but don't do the same with pumps? Please bring back a simpler Aquabus pump.

Like this, you mean?
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3849

bojer

Donnerstag, 27. August 2020, 07:05

so high flow NEXT have personal firmware when have USB internal connection :)

so waiting when be available in store :)

Donnerstag, 27. August 2020, 10:22

Will both of these units work with the quadro or octo and its flow input? I cant fit the Aquaero in my case, unfortunately.

high flow 2 and LT can be connected to QUADRO or OCTO with the supplied cable. To connect the high flow NEXT you will need a PicoBlade to PicoBlade connection cable (not available yet) for its signal output. This output can be set to simulate a classic high flow sensor.

Donnerstag, 27. August 2020, 14:33

When will these be for sale?