• 24.04.2024, 00:50
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Samstag, 26. Februar 2022, 16:44

That's nice that you didn't get a cancellation fee when you cancelled.
And that's a good point, with the amount of time I've been waiting, Josh may be able to waive the cancellation fee for me.
However, when I originally ordered back in September, it was at the non-inflated price of $75 plus $6 shipping, so if I order from aquacomputer or another European retailer, I'll have to play quite a lot more than that due to the currency exchange and expensive shipping.
But I contacted Josh again the other day, and this time he indicated that there is an expectation for his units to arrive in March.

So it wouldn't be an easy decision for me to cancel with MMM; Josh has been very responsive and I'd save some money by waiting. Tough decision..
Although I wish either MMM, the distributor, or Aquacomputer's timelines were more accurate.
Not sure where their inaccurate timelines are coming from exactly, but it's annoying hearing ETAs that are often not realistic.

I agree with you that MMM should provide a defined shipping date, and then apply the cancellation fee only if you cancel before that date.

The reason I ordered from MMM originally was because they had the best price that I could find, and the local shipping to the states as well.
I was fine waiting a month or two, but did not expect to have to wait 5+ months just for a flow sensor, especially now since we are approaching the end of this pandemic and supply shortage.

Decision time!
aquacomputer's web shop shows AVAILABLE at 2022.02.26 15:40:33 UTC.
When I requested to cancel at MMM, I included a copy of the invoice from my purchase.

Sonntag, 27. Februar 2022, 21:20

That's so ridiculous.
If Aquacomputer has extra inventory to let sit on their shelves, why can't they instead allocate those units to help fulfill backorders from their distributors and/or MMM, who have been waiting to receive their orders for over five months now...

Remayz

Sonntag, 27. Februar 2022, 21:35

it's resellers responsibility to buy enough stock.
Some shops may actually work with backorders, waiting to be able to fulfill an entire batch order from the OEM to avoid investing treasury. Aquacomputer is not responsible for other people's way of conducting business :/

Montag, 28. Februar 2022, 00:38

That's so ridiculous.
If Aquacomputer has extra inventory to let sit on their shelves, why can't they instead allocate those units to help fulfill backorders from their distributors and/or MMM, who have been waiting to receive their orders for over five months now...

The reason I dated the post is that much of the time the item is not available in the aquacomputer web shop either.
Even aquatuning is out of stock.
The Euro/Dollar exchange rate is dollar favorable atm, but European shipping costs are high.
It's a decision you have to make as to the value to you.
If you are leaning to yes, do not wait too long.

Montag, 28. Februar 2022, 01:07

I guess it has to suck for Aquacomputer too. I don't know why they are so backed up, or if it was this way before Covid. Imagine how much more product they could be selling if they could keep their products in stock in their own shop and their distributors/resellers. Maybe my view is distorted because I follow a bunch of water cooling forums, but it seems like a lot of people are wanting to buy their products and they are out of stock everywhere for months at a time. That can't be good for business.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (8. März 2022, 04:28)

Montag, 28. Februar 2022, 07:59

I went ahead and placed an order with Aquacomputer.
Figured the extra 40-60 USD isn't worth waiting forever on MMM ETAs that have been completely inaccurate, not specific to any date, and very delayed.
Not happy about paying ~1.5x compared to what I paid with MMM; hopefully Josh will waive the cancellation fee for me, but we shall see.

And hopefully Aquacomputer or their distributors will do a better job at fulfilling orders from their retailers/distributors/etc who have customers who already pre-paid for their orders.
Aquacomputer claims to dispatch hundreds of these units out each month..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »rzelek506« (28. Februar 2022, 08:02)

Dienstag, 8. März 2022, 04:20

Here's my update:
The high flow NEXT meter (from Aquacomputer directly) arrived at my home at the end of last week.
So I got it installed in my loop and it seems to be working fine and running at ~200 L/h.

One small complaint I have with the meter is that the RGB ontop of the sensor is not very accurate.
For example, I will set it as static White, but there will be a small portion of the LEDs that will unintentionally and randomly glow a different color, such as purple/yellow/blue instead.
However, I'm not big on RGB, so I'll just keep the RGB disabled on the meter; but it would be nice if I could just set it to white, and have it always display white.

Regarding my MMM order:
I contacted Josh and asked to cancel my order with MMM.
He was able to cancel it, however, he was not able to waive the cancellation fee, despite me waiting over five months for MMM to receive my unit.
Fortunately, he gave me the alternative of refunding my order in terms of store credit, that way the cancellation fee could be avoided.
That seemed fair enough to me, so that's what I did and I plan on using that store credit sometime in the future at MMM's store.

Dienstag, 8. März 2022, 04:42

Congrats on getting the High Flow Next. The LEDs should not be doing that and I can't see why you could not set them to white and have them all be white. White is the hardest color and consumes the most power but that should not be a problem with the High Flow Next which only has 10 LEDs in it.. Some cheap-o LEDs really have trouble trying to do white and I thought that Aquacomputer LEDs were higher quality. I have a few RGBpx LED strips. I have never tried setting them to white but I am curious and am going to try it just to see if they will do it. I guess the store credit from MMM was a fair compromise but I don't think it's right to charge a cancellation fee for something that the vendor was never able to ship to you. I will keep this in mind if I ever place an order for a back ordered product from MMM. The High Flow Next is sold out again on the Aquacomputer shop site so back to waiting for another opportunity. If they sell them direct rather than fill back orders from distributors, it will be a very long time before MMM or PPCs or anywhere else has them in stock again.

Dienstag, 8. März 2022, 05:53

Thanks, and yeah, I have no idea how Aquacomputer distributes their supplies to their webstore/distributors/retailers, but it's definitely not distributed equally and definitely not first-come-first-served.
It probably has something to do with their profits or if maybe they have preferences of some distributors over others.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »rzelek506« (8. März 2022, 05:54)

Dienstag, 8. März 2022, 12:58

Congrats on getting the High Flow Next. The LEDs should not be doing that and I can't see why you could not set them to white and have them all be white. White is the hardest color and consumes the most power but that should not be a problem with the High Flow Next which only has 10 LEDs in it.. Some cheap-o LEDs really have trouble trying to do white and I thought that Aquacomputer LEDs were higher quality. I have a few RGBpx LED strips. I have never tried setting them to white but I am curious and am going to try it just to see if they will do it. I guess the store credit from MMM was a fair compromise but I don't think it's right to charge a cancellation fee for something that the vendor was never able to ship to you. I will keep this in mind if I ever place an order for a back ordered product from MMM. The High Flow Next is sold out again on the Aquacomputer shop site so back to waiting for another opportunity. If they sell them direct rather than fill back orders from distributors, it will be a very long time before MMM or PPCs or anywhere else has them in stock again.
Not many vendors do 'back order' sales. If it comes up again at MMM, I will either negotiate a term on it, or set the 'back in stock' notification.

I have never seen the High Flow Next on PPCs website, I don't think they ever offered it. If they are out of stock, they list the item as 'Out of Stock'

Disassembly?

Samstag, 10. September 2022, 05:31

Anyone know how to take this apart? I want to clean it - mines not reading consistently - shows 0 even when there is definitely water flow through my loop.

Freitag, 23. September 2022, 12:40

Sounds good, if any updates?
The easiest way to figure out the most suitable trading strategy for you is to try both swing and day trading. It can also be helpful to learn how to manage risk using stop loss , take profit as well as proper position sizing techniques before you start crypto trading.

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 18:43

I've thrown away my flow sensor and just gave up on using it. My first issue was that it becomes noisy if water temperature reaches 35 degrees.
You also need at least 5 cm of hard tubing, otherwise it'll be noisy too. It forced me to imitate hard tubing using fittings, which just looked horrible.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »piotrkun« (24. Oktober 2022, 18:44)

Remayz

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 19:00

it shouldn't be noisy at all. you really should contact support to get it exchanged. After all you paid for it eh :)
Most likely a factory dud

Montag, 24. Oktober 2022, 19:10

I can't say anything about the temperature as my water has never been above 35°C, but I doubt that the high flow NEXT will be noisy when it is OK.

I had it installed directly behind an angle, in a softtube system, meanwhile it sits between two longer hardtubes.
There is no audible noise unless I hold my ear right next to it.

But what happens with hardtubes is that vibrations can be transmitted, in my system a tube behind the high flow NEXT touched the case, the background noise was nasty.

If the sensor itself is audible contact support, this is not normal.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2022, 04:18

I've thrown away my flow sensor and just gave up on using it. My first issue was that it becomes noisy if water temperature reaches 35 degrees.
You also need at least 5 cm of hard tubing, otherwise it'll be noisy too. It forced me to imitate hard tubing using fittings, which just looked horrible.

I do not believe the ' 5cm straight' part needs to be hard tubing, it can be soft tubing. The limitation is no angled fitting within 5cm.
Soft tubing, even with an arc in it, does not create turbulence, as does an angled fitting.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (25. Oktober 2022, 04:19)

Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2022, 18:08

[color=]You also need at least 5 cm of hard tubing, otherwise it'll be noisy too. It forced me to imitate hard tubing using fittings, which just looked horrible[/color].

I do not believe the ' 5cm straight' part needs to be hard tubing, it can be soft tubing. The limitation is no angled fitting within 5cm.
Soft tubing, even with an arc in it, does not create turbulence, as does an angled fitting.
But there was an excessive noise at 140 l/h. When I switched to hard tubing imitation, it was dead silent, even at 230 l/h. It is possible though that I've confused it with the noise when water reaches 35+ degrees.

Dienstag, 15. November 2022, 05:56

Hi, I'm new here on the forum. And have a question. Sorry, if I posted in the wrong forum/thread. I bought the Aqua Computer high flow NEXT, but
after I mounted the flow meter and connected the cable to the internal USB 2.0 port on the mb, After log in to windows I see the Safely Remove Hardware icon from Flow Next stay up the whole time in notification area/system tray (Win 10). See pict. How can I change this behaviour? Or is it suposed to be like this?
»Papusan« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • FLOW NEXT.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Papusan« (15. November 2022, 06:00)

Dienstag, 15. November 2022, 07:18

How can I change this behaviour?
No, this is an issue with the Windows WINUSB Driver. Microsoft has to fix ist.

Dienstag, 15. November 2022, 23:04

How can I change this behaviour?
No, this is an issue with the Windows WINUSB Driver. Microsoft has to fix ist.
Thanks, sir. So this is due useless works by Microsoft. Oh'well, I didn't expect much different from them. And this mess is obvious also with Windows 10 1809 (2019 LTSC) and newer Win 10 versions (tested 4 differnt Win 10 versions). Is this problem also the same with Win 11 ? And is there some unoficial ways to fix this? As etc custom/unsigned drivers or reg tweaks? Or do we have to live with this? What with some pressure from Aqua Computer pushing Microsoft to try fix it? Last question... Have this been mess been a problem a long time or is this a newer introduced problem? Thanks
It appears that Microsoft is more keen adding more useless features than make a fully working OS (this apply for both Win 10 and Win 11). Thanks