• 16.04.2024, 17:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 16. November 2022, 18:32

it's also present in windows 11. All my AC devices show in the eject button.

Mittwoch, 16. November 2022, 22:27

it's also present in windows 11. All my AC devices show in the eject button.
Thanks. Do you remember when this issue first pop up in Windows 10/11? Is this a newer issue or have it been there a long time?

Remayz

Mittwoch, 16. November 2022, 22:55

it's always been that way for me. But it doesn't really matter. I haven't used the eject thingy since windows 7. I don't care about my AC devices being listed under a useless icon

Montag, 2. Januar 2023, 17:40

Could I have a different unit for the volume, its now at around 1 million litres so it not such a practical unit anymore.

the standard SI prefixes would be fine. even in the play ground there is no other units for volume

Montag, 3. April 2023, 09:56

I contacted EK about the CryoFuel conductivity and I got a response directly from their "QA and coolant providers". These are the most important parts:

I contacted ek and asked about the conductivity of mystic fog and they said the conductivity is not available to the public!!

Zitat

The average conductivity of EK-CryoFuel Clear Premix is 2.33 mS / cm2 or 2330 µS / cm2. Conductivity is measured during production and when charged with a certified and calibrated conductivity meter, at 20 ° C. The high conductivity is due to the corrosion inhibitor (confirmed by tests). The inhibitor is located in the liquid and upon contact with the reactive metal (copper, aluminum, iron) forms a protective layer and thus prevents corrosion, while being consumed. The more inhibitor is consumed, the lower the conductivity of the fluid.

Zitat

As far as I was able to deduce from the e-mail below (my e-mail), the Aqua Computer High Flow NEXT sensor is used to measure the conductivity of distilled water. As a result, it is calibrated to a lower value. On the website, the manufacturer (AquaComputer) states that the reading reads between 2 and 200 µS. Given that the EK-CroyFuel Clear Premix has a conductivity 11x higher than the maximum where the sensor is calibrated, the readings are certainly not correct. A sensor calibrated at least in the range of 1-5000 µS would be needed for proper measurement.

Zitat

The manufacturer's (AquaComputer) website also states: “If corrosion occurs or if the corrosion protection inhibitors are used up, the conductivity of the coolant increases significantly. In this case, the coolant should be replaced." This is not entirely true (for EK CryoFuel), because until the corrosion inhibitor starts to work, it is present in the liquid, hence the high conductivity. Over time, the inhibitor is consumed because it blocks corrosion and the conductivity of the fluid begins to decline. However, this statement holds true for distilled water; the greater the presence of corrosion in the system, the higher the water conductivity.

Zitat

The quality of the coolant (CryoFuel) based on conductivity can be assessed, but not with the said sensor (too small range, I don’t know if it has a calibration certificate). The conductivity of EK-CryuFuel Clear Premix ranges between 2200 and 2500 µS. Conditionally the liquid is OK up to 1500 µS, if of course, the other properties are OK - color, sediment. If the liquid is clear / slightly yellowish, with a characteristic odor-free odor, the liquid is OK.

Montag, 3. April 2023, 14:46

Could I have a different unit for the volume, its now at around 1 million litres so it not such a practical unit anymore.

the standard SI prefixes would be fine. even in the play ground there is no other units for volume

You can reset the counter in the Sensors Tab (reset.jpg)

I turned mine off in the System Tab (volume_off.jpg)
  • I do not have an aquabus connection, so selecting "Enter standby if aquabus is interrupted" should place the unit in standby
  • then I select "Display off", "LEDs disabled", "Stop volume counter", disabling all three

RuffHi

RE: high flow NEXT - The next generation of flow sensors

Freitag, 3. November 2023, 19:15

high flow 2 - The new generation with water temperature measurement

I picked one of the above up, really liked that included connector ... but it does mean I am left with some straggly wires. I shall try to sleave some of them.

But ... I have some questions ...

Q1: The connector to the flow hardware is small, finicky and once I got it it I am unsure how to get it out. Any hints regarding extracting it without pulling the wires out?

Q2: Does purchase of this flow meter extend the software license?

I have an aquaero 6 and I have the 3 pin plugged into the flow header and the temp plugged into one of the temp sensors. I am assuming the other (smaller) plugs are for other bits of aquacomputer hardware (Quadro?).

i

Remayz

Freitag, 3. November 2023, 20:28

grab all the wires firmly, flat, and pull :P

the very small white connector is for quadro and octo yes.

And no it doesn't extend your aquasuite update subscription. it is not a USB device.

Freitag, 3. November 2023, 20:30

Hi,
Q1: just grab all wires close to the connector, wiggle and pull at the same time.
Q2: I don´t think so, because you need an additional Device to read the flow signal (e.g. Quadro or Aquaero) with a (expired or active) license.
Q3: Yes, the spare connectors are for other Devices such as Quadro, Octo, etc with smaller sockets

RuffHi

Freitag, 3. November 2023, 21:04

grab all the wires firmly, flat, and pull :P
the very small white connector is for quadro and octo yes.
And no it doesn't extend your aquasuite update subscription. it is not a USB device.
Hi,
Q1: just grab all wires close to the connector, wiggle and pull at the same time.
Q2: I don´t think so, because you need an additional Device to read the flow signal (e.g. Quadro or Aquaero) with a (expired or active) license.
Q3: Yes, the spare connectors are for other Devices such as Quadro, Octo, etc with smaller sockets

Thanks guys.