• 16.04.2024, 19:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Sonntag, 27. September 2020, 16:59

The GDDR6X technology they choosed is specifically designed to handle 100+ temperatures
About the capacitor issue, as long as the card follows the reference design with at least 1 mlcc the card is fine enough. Of course I would never buy day one without reading reviews. And those are as planed. The manufacturer have the same line up and strategy as before. Asus being the top, evga having a mix of high and middle tiers, gigabyte and mis being at the middle, and zotac the same usual low tier. The price follows the quality of the integrated components, so that's also a hint

For me, as an owner of a 2080ti I will skip that gen and I've ordered to watercool my 2089ti last week
From IgorLab's article.... It seems like overclocking the 3080 FE (maybe AiB are better???) a bit will hit 112C memory temp and without OC it's running at 104C. If I remember correctly, GDDR6X should start throttling at 110C and at 120C it starts breaking. This is at Igor's testing scenario with an optimal airflow. Now imagine this card in a case with non-optimal airflow, its probably going to hit 110 without OC ?( ?( . We are already seeing crashes on FE, TUF and basically most cards which mean the mlcc and sp-cap are probably just one of the issues causing it. We all know how delicate the power delivery is already and with 112C Memory being that close to the capacitor. I'm not sure about the temperature rating on both types of capacitor but this can't be good right? I mean just look at the ASUS TUF card, it even has a separate smaller heat sink just for the VRAM. One of the reason I think Aquacomputer is doing a great job is that, the active backplate is going to hopefully help in reducing the temperature on the backside (Can someone please confirm with this?)

ref

Freitag, 2. Oktober 2020, 05:45

Any updates on a waterblock for Founder's Edition 3090? Aquacomputer still planning on making one? Managed to snag one in the drop today so I'm eagerly waiting for an aquacomputer block :D

Freitag, 2. Oktober 2020, 14:57

Think I'll wait for the RTX 3080 Ti... maybe things will be settled a bit by then.

Montag, 5. Oktober 2020, 00:56

Here they are! With Vision terminal blocks too!

Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2020, 16:46

Will these blocks fit on 1-slot spacing when equipped with the Vision module? I'm hoping to run a 4-card setup with the cards in slots 1, 3, 5, and 7.

If they fit, is there enough clearance to run them as two pairs or would it have to be one big set?

turgin

Mittwoch, 21. Oktober 2020, 20:18

Please make a block for one of the EVGA boards. I don't care which one. I want this block so bad and I strongly prefer EVGA cards due to warranty.

Freitag, 23. Oktober 2020, 18:45

I see you have your "kryographics NEXT RTX 3080 / RTX 3090 nickel-plated version"

Cooler now out, the info says "Fits reference design" Do we have a list somewhere of what cards this is 100% confirmed to fit ?

I totally love the design and looks but need to decide on a card to go with it!

Freitag, 25. Dezember 2020, 01:02

Hi guys. As I understand waterblock for 3080 EVGA FTW3 is coming in January 2021. Will it be possible to use an active backpate with it, at least in future? Or active backplates are only for reference cards?