• 16.04.2024, 08:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

D5 NEXT improve idea

Sonntag, 13. September 2020, 14:27

Hello

I am new here, and register just to share this idea.

D5 NEXT is probably the best pump on market. Just one little thing (in addition to the price) can make it better. There is a very nice and sophisticated High Flow NEXT sensor, with close to the same functions (except for pumping of course), BUT it has one more important function moreover, which is the electrical conductivity sensor. And AFAIK the D5 NEXT hasn't this function at all. Except for this, there are the same monitoring functions (maybe D5 have less accurate measuring, but who need measure flow with high precision), and the same RGB functions, just this function is a big difference in the electronic systems of them.

So my (and I am pretty sure not only my) idea is to add this specific (and probably very easy to do) function to D5 NEXT pump, and make it the best pump at the world :)

And another small idea. Can you please add that RGB LEDs to the top (adapter) of the pump too, to allow it to illuminate the reservoir directly, and with no additional cables? Like some connector at the pump and the adapter... I know, there are sets with RGB reservoirs, but the price is terrible, and 55EUR extra just because of the separate RGB ring on them... And the solo pump with no top is useless anyway, except for some special sets... So there is a great possibility to create a new set of tops/adapters with ARGB, and some kind of direct connection between the pump and the top... But this idea is not as much important, as that first one :)

Montag, 14. September 2020, 17:24

You can buy the LED Ring for 13 Euro and put it on an Aqualis Reservoir.

Here is the LED Ring:
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3776
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3787

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (14. September 2020, 17:26)

Montag, 14. September 2020, 18:20

Hi

Thanks, I know about it, but count prices... D5 NEXT pump solo 116 EUR, Aqualis from 100mm smalest type for 40EUR, to 880ml type for 55EUR, adapter from 35 to 70EUR by type, and ring for 13EUR = 204EUR for cheapest set with 100mm reservoir, and 254EUR for 880ml set with fill sensor. Ultitube D5 100 PRO set cost 185EUR, and Ultitube D5 200 PRO 195EUR. So where is some benefit to buy Aqualis tank, D5 pump,adapter and ring separatelly...
And of course there is not anything about my first, and much important idea...

Dienstag, 15. September 2020, 08:37

Reading the conductivity in this pump is impossible since there is no way to get access to the coolant. The area where the water flows is an encapsulated metal chamber. If you would hold the pump in your hand and also know what it looks like on its rear (underneath the lid) you would immediately understand why it can't be done.