• 16.04.2024, 06:48
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquaero: Emergency shutdown reboots computer

Mittwoch, 16. September 2020, 19:39

Hi,
I'm having trouble making de Aquaero emergency shutdown work. I have the ATX Power Connector and the green wire splitted and connected to pins 1 and 3 on the relay.

I've configured all as stated in page 36 on Aquaero's manual: Set a new controller with 0% power and assign it to output relay. Then configure some quick and easy to test setup (ambient temp > 34ºC) at alarms settings, assing it to "Emergency Shutdown" and configure the Alarm Actions Tab with "Relay: ON".
If I grasp the temp sensor, I can see the Aquaero reading it right and it begins to raise, eventually triggering the shutdown, but it doesn't turn off the computer, only reboots it.
Don't know if I have to configure anything else on my OS (Win10) or if there is some step I failed to follow. Installation is new, with an upgrade last week to X.27.
The only thing I did different installing the ATX Power and the relay before even installing Aquasuite. May that be the reason?

My PSU is a Seasonic Prime Ultra 650W Titanium, if that matters.

Thanks for your time.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Ralph_IT« (16. September 2020, 20:12)

Mittwoch, 16. September 2020, 20:59

I think this is a setting in the Mainboard BIOS / UEFI.
There you can select different options on what should happen if there is a power loss.
Please read the User Manual of the Mainboard for more Information.

The ATX Power Connector is treated as a power loss for the Mainboard, and if the Mainboard is set to reboot after a power loss, the computer will reboot :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (16. September 2020, 21:21)

Donnerstag, 17. September 2020, 08:02

I've set the option "Restore on AC Power Loss" to "Power OFF" time ago, and it hasn't change.
I'm reading now the manual of my board to see if there are some explanaitions to obscure definitions that may affect power states. (No thanks for that manual, AsRock.)

Will tinker a little with those BIOS setups back home.Thanks for your time, @Hufeisen.

Samstag, 19. September 2020, 12:19

A little feedback on my issue:

So far, nothing that I have change on BIOS or OS is working. Even Cleared CMOS, but still the same. Reboot and not shutdown.
What is confusing me is the fact that everytime I trigger the Emergency shutdown, the Aquaero spins the fans at 100%, as I have set in the options. If I reboot the system with the case button or by SO, the fans do not spin up (they never did).

That is making me think that the Emergency shutdown does, indeed, shutdown the PSU and the Aquaero recognises the power cycle. Which leaves me with a Mobo that doesn't want to stay powered off that way no matter what the options in BIOS say.

I'm running out of spare time to troubleshooting this, so, will the following diagram work? Theoretically, at least.

Do the power switch wires need to be connected like the red wire or like the green wire in the image that I've attached?

Thanks for your time.
»Ralph_IT« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • power_relay.jpg (23,46 kB - 69 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 29. März 2024, 01:37)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Ralph_IT« (19. September 2020, 12:21)