• 18.04.2024, 10:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

PWM fans on auqaero 6 lt are not working as expected

Samstag, 26. September 2020, 04:49

New to aquacomputer products and am not sure if I am setting something up incorrectly or if something is not working correctly. I have a pretty large loop with 18 fans and 2 pumps. I've used 2 splitty9's with 8 fans on 1 and 9 on another (17 fans are all ekwb pwm vardar 2200rpm). 2 pumps are on fan 1 and they are working as expected on my curve controller. and I have 1 140mm ek fan as an exhaust on fan 4 and it is working as expected.

So I seem to just have a problem with the 2 channels that have splitty9's. rpms are not reading correctly and the fans keep going from like 20% to full speed then back to 20 and it repeats about every 10 seconds. They are controlled from a coolant temp sensor so the temp is not swinging quickly.

I've setup the fans with the listed rpm ranges and min-max power from 0-100 (tried playing with these numbers but with no success). The website shows each channel can handle 30 watts. fans are 2.18 watts max so I am well below 30. When my fans are running at 100% aquasuite is still showing ~500rpm.

Since my channels that have 1 or 2 things on them are working, I assume I have an issue with the splitty's or fans but I believe they are hooked up correctly. Got tired of buggy asus software and heard good things about these products but I'm not sure what to do to fix this.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm learning the new software and hardware.

Samstag, 26. September 2020, 06:14

Do you have the jumper set correctly on the splitty9s?
If the jumper is set to aquabus mode, all fans report their RPMs which will confuse the controller.

splitty9_jumper.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (26. September 2020, 06:16)

RE: PWM fans on auqaero 6 lt are not working as expected

Samstag, 26. September 2020, 10:18

So I seem to just have a problem with the 2 channels that have splitty9's. rpms are not reading correctly and the fans keep going from like 20% to full speed then back to 20 and it repeats about every 10 seconds.

This is a known issue with the electronic of the EKWB Vardar fans. Even though we assume your jumper is set correctly, the RPM lines of fans 2 to 9 are still connected to each other and this is the problem. I can't say what exactly happens in the fan, but they influence each other through this connection - something that should not happen, but these fans dance out of line. Your only way to fix this is by removing the RPM line from their plug or if you are willing to modify the Splitty9 you could cut the RPM pin with side-cutting pliers.

Samstag, 26. September 2020, 17:07

Do you have the jumper set correctly on the splitty9s?
If the jumper is set to aquabus mode, all fans report their RPMs which will confuse the controller.

[attach]7747[/attach]
I do have it set correctly and not in aquabus mode.

So I seem to just have a problem with the 2 channels that have splitty9's. rpms are not reading correctly and the fans keep going from like 20% to full speed then back to 20 and it repeats about every 10 seconds.

This is a known issue with the electronic of the EKWB Vardar fans. Even though we assume your jumper is set correctly, the RPM lines of fans 2 to 9 are still connected to each other and this is the problem. I can't say what exactly happens in the fan, but they influence each other through this connection - something that should not happen, but these fans dance out of line. Your only way to fix this is by removing the RPM line from their plug or if you are willing to modify the Splitty9 you could cut the RPM pin with side-cutting pliers.
After searching the forum for a couple hours last night I ran across a couple posts that you made regarding noctua and ekwb fans and was hoping you would chime in. I was hoping there would be an easy fix and it sounds like pulling the pins would be that. Are you still able to use the pwm function after removing that pin from the plug or do I then have to switch to power control? Do I do all of the fans or just all but the one plugged into the RPM slot?

By the end of the night last yesterday I was almost convinced that I should replace my fans but that is quite expensive and time consuming with the hardline loop. fingers crossed.

Thank you for the quick responses!

Samstag, 26. September 2020, 17:46

Well, I just went ahead and tried it and it's all working as expected now. Thanks so much for the help. Pulled the tach wire from all but fan1 on each splitty and its good now. I'm betting this was my issue when trying to use bios or software control before too. But I think I'll keep the 6 lt and enjoy the extra flexibility and control.