• 16.04.2024, 12:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

D5 next keeps losing temp output from virtual software sensor

Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 2020, 04:59

I'm running into an issue where my configured virtual software sensor for the greater of GPU or CPU temp (as reported by aquasuite service,) is sporadically getting dropped from my D5 next pump's pump speed curve.

In Playground->Virtual Software Sensors, I have the following, which appears to be doing the right thing with the temp output:

I have a soft sensor configured under D5 NEXT->Sensors, which does *not* appear to be picking up that temp output:

And that in turn keeps the pump curve (D5 NEXT->Pump) from reading temp, and the pump randomly starts running at 100% output:

There seems to be no reproducibility here. Stopping and starting aquasuite and/or the services has no effect, and so far it'll just start working again without any action on my part, only to fail again later. I'm completely new to this software, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt.

Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 2020, 16:08

Something is preventing aquacomputer service from working reliably. Add it to exclusions on any firewall/antivirus/antimalware software you have.

Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 2020, 22:10

I'd really hoped that was it. Unfortunately, I've added process exceptions for aquacomputerservice.exe, aquacomputerservicehelper.exe and aquasuite.exe to Windows Defender AV's exception list, and allowed the same 3 exceptions in Windows Firewall. Upon reboot, system behaves as normal and then just now randomly lost the temp data from the virtual sensor to the D5's "sensors" list, and lost temp data from the D5's water temp sensor (so it doesn't seem limited to virtual sensors) to the quadro's fan curve. Fans & pump then fall back to 100% output. Adding to my challenges, while aquasuite, Aqua Computer Service and Notifications logging has all been enabled, there are no .txt files being written to the aquasuite-data folder as indicated... I'm not a complete luddite, but I'm clearly missing something.

Freitag, 16. Oktober 2020, 09:28

When this problem occurs again: what happens when you remove the USB connection from the pump for a moment and connect it again? Is the value correct afterwards (might take a few seconds) or is it still gone?

Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2020, 01:54

I'll give that a try if it crops up again. I've added exceptions for both private (my home network) *and* public (unused) for the relevant executables, and so far so good...

Montag, 26. Oktober 2020, 21:28

So this cropped up again, this time with X.29. Rebooting helped, for a period of time, and then the D5 lost the output from the Virtual Sensor in its own Sensors list. Restarting Aquasuite and/or the Aquacomputer service did not help. Disconnecting and then re-connecting USB did reestablish the connection between the virtual sensor and the D5 Next, which is back to functioning as expected for now. For what it's worth, despite having all logging options under aquasuite->Settings->Eventlog checked, there are no .txt files being generated to the specified log path.

Dienstag, 27. Oktober 2020, 07:18

this happens when you have a unstable USB connection or a driver issue from cour chipset.
This can have serveral reasons: Overclocking, System instable, Driver issues, Windows issues and conflicts with other devices -> mouse, keyboard .....

Dienstag, 27. Oktober 2020, 07:35

I also add that Windows energy saving policy may shut down or disable USB connections.
Make sure your WIndows power plan do not allow to disable USB ports.

Donnerstag, 12. November 2020, 19:52

Thank you very much for the tips. I did check and my power settings were enabling selective USB disconnect, I've since disabled that, hopefully that addresses the issue.

DaLiu

Samstag, 4. Dezember 2021, 05:05

I have same problem with the soft sensors on D5 Next. USB selective suspend settings are disabled by default. Not sure what to do to solve the problem.
»DaLiu« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • aquasuite_2021-12-04_05-02-37.png

DaLiu

Montag, 6. Dezember 2021, 22:48

I think i might fixed the problem, I have ASUS ROG Crosshair Viii Dark Hero mobo, this mobo has 2 onboard USB 2.0, USB1213 and USB_E56, and I plugged Aquacomputer HUBBY7 (where all my 4 other Aquacomputer devices are plugged in) in USB_E56 which from some reading online it only provides half the current of the USB1213, in the ASUS manual is not stated that there is difference between the ports.
Hopefully now after I changed the port to USB1213 I think the problem is fixed.

Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2021, 00:43

I think i might fixed the problem, I have ASUS ROG Crosshair Viii Dark Hero mobo, this mobo has 2 onboard USB 2.0, USB1213 and USB_E56, and I plugged Aquacomputer HUBBY7 (where all my 4 other Aquacomputer devices are plugged in) in USB_E56 which from some reading online it only provides half the current of the USB1213, in the ASUS manual is not stated that there is difference between the ports.
Hopefully now after I changed the port to USB1213 I think the problem is fixed.
May I ask where you read about the Dark Hero USB2.0 port USB_E56 only providing half the current of USB1213? I have a Hubby7 plugged into one of them and an NZXT hub plugged into the other. The Hubby 7 is for all of my RGB controllers. The NZXT has an Octo and a USB video adapter for an internal display. I have not had any USB problems at all, at least so far.

DaLiu

Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2021, 16:38

I thought changing the USB will fix the problem but is still present, one of the devices (D5 Next, Leakshield, High Flow Next and Octo) connected on the Aquacomputer Hubby will lose the software sensors for some reason and I don't have any USB disconnection since all the Aquacomputer devices are on the same HUB and the HUB is connected to USB1213 port on my motherboard. Aquacomputer HUBBY is not powered by SATA, I left it by default to get the current from the USB1213 port, also have to mention that I don't have anything else connected on this USB1213 port except the Hubby.

Remayz

Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2021, 17:27

given the history of AMD chipsets having dodgy power delivery, i would still try to switch the Hubby to SATA power and see if it doesn't automagically solve the issue.

DaLiu

Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2021, 17:39

given the history of AMD chipsets having dodgy power delivery, i would still try to switch the Hubby to SATA power and see if it doesn't automagically solve the issue.
I think if I switch the Hubby to SATA power the Leakshield will not work anymore once the computer is shutdown, I might need to move the Leakshield on a separate USB port on the mobo just to have it active also when the PC is turned off.

Remayz

Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2021, 21:20

Could be, if it needs 5V stand by. that only comes to the motherboard yes.
But for a test, i am hopeful the loop won't blow up :p