• 16.04.2024, 11:48
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

newbie: need help with AquaComputer Hardware // Schematic included

Freitag, 16. Oktober 2020, 13:24

Hello everyone,

I recently build my first PC (newbie here) due to boredom (Corona's fault) and I've decided I want to enter the world of watercooling as well :D

my goal is to fully control this setup using aquasuite

Things I've got so far:

1x EKWB Quantum Velocity D-RGB
1x Heatkiller IV for 2080 RGB + Backplate
1x Heatkiller Tube 150 D5 + A-RGB LED Strip
1x D5 NEXT pump
2x HWlabs Nemesis 360 GTS
12x Arctic P12 PWM PST
1x Noctua A14

Before I buy the remaining parts, I'd like to know your opinions and/or suggestions.

parts to buy:

Octo ?
farbwerk 360 ? wanted to have LED strips around the case
highflow NEXT sensor

As you can see from my diagram, I have no idea what I'm doing.. I have no clue what goes where.
Can somebody please guide me where to plug what XD

Thanks in advance!
»ae111James« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Freitag, 16. Oktober 2020, 13:29

I just realized, GPU block from Heatkiller comes with RGB and not D-RGB ;(

Freitag, 16. Oktober 2020, 14:25

OCTO can not be connected to the D5 NEXT via aquabus. The aquabus always requires an aquaero as master device.

The RGBpx and mainboard-style plugs on farbwerk 360 are connected in parallel! If you want individual control of all components you have to use the 4th channel which is not used in your diagram.

If you let it be connected in parallel you have to add a second controller for this channel within the aquasuite. Assign the amount of the additional LEDs to it and set solid white as effect. This way you will get no problems that the port will be overloaded because of a wrong current calculation. The device does not know that you connect LEDs in parallel so you have to add these LEDs with an additional controller in the "invisible" LED area.

Freitag, 16. Oktober 2020, 16:47

Your diagram is missing three USB connections from high flow NEXT, Farbwerk 360 and Octo to the motherboard.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Freitag, 16. Oktober 2020, 20:03

OCTO can not be connected to the D5 NEXT via aquabus. The aquabus always requires an aquaero as master device.

The RGBpx and mainboard-style plugs on farbwerk 360 are connected in parallel! If you want individual control of all components you have to use the 4th channel which is not used in your diagram.

If you let it be connected in parallel you have to add a second controller for this channel within the aquasuite. Assign the amount of the additional LEDs to it and set solid white as effect. This way you will get no problems that the port will be overloaded because of a wrong current calculation. The device does not know that you connect LEDs in parallel so you have to add these LEDs with an additional controller in the "invisible" LED area.
Thanks for the quick response Shoggy! I'll make a new diagram again but this time, using aquaero lt 6 instead of the Octo..

About the 4th channel that you mentioned, would it be possible to use a jumper instead?
Your diagram is missing three USB connections from high flow NEXT, Farbwerk 360 and Octo to the motherboard.
Like what I've initially said, I have no clue what I'm doing and where to hook what.. My mobo only has 2 Usb header.. does this mean I have to get the Hubby7 for these to work? ?(

Samstag, 17. Oktober 2020, 10:56

Hello everyone,

I made a new diagram again. Hopefully, it's correct now.

Regarding the Aquabus connection from Aquaero LT 6, I'll be using Aquabus X4
As for the Farbwerk 360's 4th Channel, would it be fine if I use "RGBpx lightning set for monitor" in series using RGBpx adapter for mobo header?
If this doesn't work, can you give me some ideas about what can I do with this 4th Channel?

**If you guys think that there are redundancy, please do correct me.
I'm open for suggestions.
Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend! :thumbsup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ae111James« (17. Oktober 2020, 11:09)

Samstag, 17. Oktober 2020, 18:05

You have a little mistake in your diagram, the USB motherboard headers provide 2 USB ports each, so you have 4 internal USB 2.0 ports for 4 devices.
So if you don't want to connect other internal USB devices or front ports you don't need the hubby.
It's the same with the Hubby 7, the 9 pin headers are two USB 2.0 ports each.
It is important to connect the internal USB cables always with the black wires in direction of the missing pin.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2020, 10:54

You have a little mistake in your diagram, the USB motherboard headers provide 2 USB ports each, so you have 4 internal USB 2.0 ports for 4 devices.
So if you don't want to connect other internal USB devices or front ports you don't need the hubby.
It's the same with the Hubby 7, the 9 pin headers are two USB 2.0 ports each.
It is important to connect the internal USB cables always with the black wires in direction of the missing pin.

Moin zusammen,
Danke für die Infos :D

Jemand vom Reddit sagte mir dasselbe..

Können Sie mir bitte sagen, welchen Vorteil die Verwendung von Aquaero anstelle von Octo hat?
-can you please tell me the advantage using Aquaero instead of Octo?
Die sagten mir, dass ich die Abschaltfunktion (der Grund, warum ich meinen PC mit Aquasuite steuern möchte) mit Octo statt mit Aquaero haben kann, und Aquaero, basierend auf meinem Diagramm, ist Overkill ;(
-they told me that I can also have the shutdown function using Octo instead of Aquaero und Aquaero based from my diagram would be overkill.

btw,
Have a nice Sunday!

Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2020, 11:26

The Aquaero, with the appropriate accessories, can shut down a computer even when Windows is not running.
Through the Aquabus connection, the D5Next for example can be controlled directly and delivers the data to the Aquaero even without USB, so a shutdown, in this example in case of a pump failure, would also work under Linux, for which there is no Aquasuite.
In addition, the Aquaero can control 3 pin fans, which the Qudro/Octo can't do anymore, but that shouldn't be necessary anymore :-)

As long as the computer is running Windows only and therefore the USB connection works, you can "simply" set up the shutdown of the computer via the playground in the Aquasuite, then no Aquaero is necessary, because no Aquabus is needed.

An Octo is the much cheaper choice if you have 4 pin PWM fans and want to use Windows.

Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2020, 13:18

The Aquaero, with the appropriate accessories, can shut down a computer even when Windows is not running.
Through the Aquabus connection, the D5Next for example can be controlled directly and delivers the data to the Aquaero even without USB, so a shutdown, in this example in case of a pump failure, would also work under Linux, for which there is no Aquasuite.
In addition, the Aquaero can control 3 pin fans, which the Qudro/Octo can't do anymore, but that shouldn't be necessary anymore :-)

As long as the computer is running Windows only and therefore the USB connection works, you can "simply" set up the shutdown of the computer via the playground in the Aquasuite, then no Aquaero is necessary, because no Aquabus is needed.

An Octo is the much cheaper choice if you have 4 pin PWM fans and want to use Windows.

Vielen Dank für tolle Erklärung :thumbsup:
I think the octo solution would be enough i guess.
I really just want to be safe if shit happens in my first watercooled setup
My PC is just running in Win10
I'll be hooking 13pcs of Noctua's A12x25
D5 Next Pump
High Flow Next Sensor
3x D-RGB from CPU,GPU and reservoir
4pcs RGBpx for the case
and 4pcs RGBpx behind a monitor.

Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2020, 16:01

Hello everyone,

I made a new diagram without the aquaero, replaced it with Octo and included the alarm cable.
Instead of using aquabus splitters, all the devices are now connected through usb header.
can anyone confirm if what I did is right? can I control the pump's speed with just having the usb connection?

Mittwoch, 21. Oktober 2020, 16:29

@ae111James How did you make the schematic of your aquero setup?

Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2020, 11:45

Hello everyone,

I made a new diagram without the aquaero, replaced it with Octo and included the alarm cable.
Instead of using aquabus splitters, all the devices are now connected through usb header.
can anyone confirm if what I did is right? can I control the pump's speed with just having the usb connection?

Yes, the pump RPM can be controlled with only the USB connection.

Daisy-chaining all four RGBpx strips to the fourth farbwerk 360 port may be a better solution (see Shoggy's post above), the only caveat being the total LED count has to be 90 or less.

Using THESE CABLES you could add four of THIS STRIP in series and better be able to control effects across all four strips. This will not work if you cut the strips (with exception of the last strip), as you will loose the OUT port on the cut strip

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (22. Oktober 2020, 11:47)

Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2020, 20:16

@ae111James How did you make the schematic of your aquero setup?
Hello Utah,
I was using this online diagram maker

Zitat

Zitat

Hello everyone,

Yes, the pump RPM can be controlled with only the USB connection.

Daisy-chaining
all four RGBpx strips to the fourth farbwerk 360 port may be a better
solution (see Shoggy's post above), the only caveat being the total LED
count has to be 90 or less.

Using THESE CABLES you could add four of THIS STRIP
in series and better be able to control effects across all four strips.
This will not work if you cut the strips (with exception of the last
strip), as you will loose the OUT port on the cut strip
Hello InfoSeeker,thanks for the help! Shoggy helped me finish my diagram. It ended up almost just like what you said basically :thumbsup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ae111James« (22. Oktober 2020, 20:19)