• 16.04.2024, 22:33
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Smoothing fan speed ramp and down

Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2020, 10:42

Hi, newbie here

I’ve the Octo fan controller and though I have very little of the other Aqua computer devices find it a great interface.

I’ve asus board Ryzen 9 , 3080 gpu both water cooled , Single 280 radiator 2 industrial 140 fans, 2 case fans, a couple of coolant temp sensors.Mostly EK kit, and everything bar the aib pump controlled through the the Octo.

My question relates to controlling the rad fans. If I couple fan speed to cpu temp, I get erratic fan speeds and fan noise. Would I be better using a different sensor or some maths to smooth out the sensors data.

And perhaps more importantly, any risk in using the Octo to control everything ? I guess I can rely on the bios shutting down the pc if temps get out of control.

Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2020, 12:13

You still can rely on bios to shut or throttlle everything. Octo just adds another layer to security.
CPU temp is really a bad source to control the fans, you have coolant temp sensors - better use them as data source.

Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2020, 12:19

Most people use water temperature to control the fan curves. As you have coolant sensors you should use those.
All the best.

Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2020, 12:26

Great,

I’ll do some monitoring and tinkering