• 16.04.2024, 08:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Smoothing fan speed ramp and down

Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2020, 10:42

Hi, newbie here

I’ve the Octo fan controller and though I have very little of the other Aqua computer devices find it a great interface.

I’ve asus board Ryzen 9 , 3080 gpu both water cooled , Single 280 radiator 2 industrial 140 fans, 2 case fans, a couple of coolant temp sensors.Mostly EK kit, and everything bar the aib pump controlled through the the Octo.

My question relates to controlling the rad fans. If I couple fan speed to cpu temp, I get erratic fan speeds and fan noise. Would I be better using a different sensor or some maths to smooth out the sensors data.

And perhaps more importantly, any risk in using the Octo to control everything ? I guess I can rely on the bios shutting down the pc if temps get out of control.

Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2020, 12:13

You still can rely on bios to shut or throttlle everything. Octo just adds another layer to security.
CPU temp is really a bad source to control the fans, you have coolant temp sensors - better use them as data source.

Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2020, 12:19

Most people use water temperature to control the fan curves. As you have coolant sensors you should use those.
All the best.

Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2020, 12:26

Great,

I’ll do some monitoring and tinkering