• 27.04.2024, 23:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquaduct 360XT - Sufficient cooling?

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008, 03:11

One last question before I decide if I'm going to go with the 360 XT.

I'm planning on building a system around a 680i Black Pearl motherboard (factory installed Innovatek waterblocks), and an 8800 Ultra/768MB Black Pearl video card (also with a built-in waterblock).

The processor will be a Q6600.

Will the Aquaduct 360XT handle this massive loop? With the motherboard, just about everything has a block on it- southbridge, northbridge, VRM's, and CPU. Throw in the 8800 Ultra, and that's a fair whack of heat to dissipate.

I'm still looking to keep the system reasonably quiet when it's idling. I don't care if it's revving up under load, but I should hope the Aquaduct wouldn't sit there at 100% all the time (if it can't handle the load).

So, will it work? Or am I maxing it out?

-SC

Re: Aquaduct 360XT - Sufficient cooling?

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008, 11:28

I'd even say an Aquaduct 240 might do it - but the AD360 will be fine.

btw: the AD 240 handles 500W, the AD360 handles 700W.
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

divve

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008, 20:10

Provided you don't expect a higher range (+25%) CPU overclock it should meet the expectations you've stated.

Montag, 28. Januar 2008, 01:24

Aha. That's what I was looking for- the maximum dissipation (watts). I'm surprised Aqua Computer doesn't have that anywhere on the product page.

I'm actually going with a dual Opteron (125W/piece) setup, and two 8800GTS's, which is still far under 700W. Gonna be one heck of a system...

Thanks!
-SC

Montag, 28. Januar 2008, 09:06

Zitat von »ScottishCaptain«

Aha. That's what I was looking for- the maximum dissipation (watts). I'm surprised Aqua Computer doesn't have that anywhere on the product page.

I got that Information from the - Aquaduct-Flyer unfortunately german only.
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.