• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Control 4x PWM fans AE 5

Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2020, 23:19

I got the following setup:
2x 180 mm PWM fans for 360 mm radiator
2x 140 mm PWM fans for 280 mm radiator

Is there someway I can connect and control the speed of the fans from two pin headers using the AE 5?
There's only one PWM header on that model.

I already purchased the AE 5 so it would be great to get it working.

Freitag, 23. Oktober 2020, 00:24

I hope someone has a solution for you, but it states in the manual that the 2-pin PWM connectors are NOT compatible with PWM fans/pumps:

Zitat

4.4. Connector “PWM 1/2”
Pulse width modulated 12 V outputs, maximum current load 1 A, carrier frequency15 kHz. Suitable for example for 12 V LEDs, not compatible with PWM fans or pumps.

Perhaps you can run one set of tans from the AQ5 and the second set of fans from your motherboard, but if you want to use the aquasuite you may need to spring for a quadro or octo.

Freitag, 23. Oktober 2020, 08:43

I hope someone has a solution for you, but it states in the manual that the 2-pin PWM connectors are NOT compatible with PWM fans/pumps:

Zitat

4.4. Connector “PWM 1/2”
Pulse width modulated 12 V outputs, maximum current load 1 A, carrier frequency15 kHz. Suitable for example for 12 V LEDs, not compatible with PWM fans or pumps.

Perhaps you can run one set of tans from the AQ5 and the second set of fans from your motherboard, but if you want to use the aquasuite you may need to spring for a quadro or octo.
Yeah, I saw that on your other post and the issues you are facing.
I think I'll change to the OCTO and sell my AE 5.