• 18.04.2024, 02:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Is this normal Humming sound from D5 Next?

Mittwoch, 4. November 2020, 13:49

Hi,

I bought a D5 Next pump recently, and installed it yesterday.
(I was annoyed with my old D5 Vario could only run at 1 speed all the time unless I opened my case to turn the red dial)

The new Pump has a high pitched "hum" that is more audible than my old pump for some reason.
I kept my old pump at 50%, this one is more "annoying" (though probably makes less sound in dB), mainly due to the high pitched hum.

Video here: https://norlig.no/vid/D5_Next_HighFrequencyHum.mp4
Video with fans off: https://norlig.no/vid/D5_Next_HighFreque…_(fans_off).mp4

Can I get a comparison or evaluation from a few other owners on here?

cheers

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Norlig« (4. November 2020, 13:53)

Tanquen

Donnerstag, 5. November 2020, 04:27

I just got the D5 Next a few weeks ago, mine is the same or worse. Yours is at head level so not helping. Mine is back behind me on the floor and it bugs me more than the 8 year old base D5 with a red dial. :( It seems to be worse at the lower speeds. I think you have to give up on the cool factor of having it spin up or down to match temp and find the speed that is the least annoying. I should have just kept the old pump? The flow reading also doesn’t work and I already had a A6 and a temp sensor. Kinda bummed. Mine also sets on a gel pad and I was wondering it that made it worse but after seeing yours am not so sure.

I even have the same top as you. I wonder if a newer solid copper one would be less annoying?

Old D5 was a Laing Thermotech LMB15107972 D5-38/810N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tanquen« (5. November 2020, 16:34)

Donnerstag, 5. November 2020, 05:00

Mine makes a similar noise, but without the high-pitched element.

It's like a vacuum cleaner starting up, but so quiet you'd think it's 2-3 streets away.

I can barely hear it behind the noise of my hard drive and fans.

Also, it sounds like you have a lot of air in your loop. The D5 bearing needs to be fully submerged in water, so perhaps you're getting extra noise from the little bubbles?

Donnerstag, 5. November 2020, 06:26

You have to remember one thing, the D5NEXT is a D5 pump, Aquacomputer did not change anything on the pump, but added a controller, the mechanics remain the same!
The pumps are manufactured by Lowara/Xylem.
If a D5 is "loud" the reasons are impurities, air in the circuit, turbulence in the top or vibrations.

The pump has only one moving part see also here .
I think you will find it in English, but the picture speaks for itself.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Donnerstag, 5. November 2020, 17:45

Well, it is still an open question why do some blame aquacomputer if having their pump noisy.

What do I see, is that likely pump is hardly mounted to the case, no soft rubber standoffs, no any anti-vibration mounts (and mounted to a thin, honeycomb resonating floor plate). Averagely restrictive loop (based on pump's power draw numbers), and likely distilled used as coolant.

Generally there are known rules what can make ANY pump less bothering:

- good anti-vibration mount, the more the better, in my case I added additional rubber standoffs even to "good" EK and AQ ULTITOP antivibration mounts - stock was not enough to me;
- build a loop with less restriction, more restriction will make any pump louder then it may be in a less restrictive loop;
- use glycol-based coolants instead of distilled;

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »k2viper« (5. November 2020, 17:48)

Freitag, 6. November 2020, 08:18

Also it's always better if reservoir that feeds pump, is located above the pump's inlet, so coolant will have some additional velocity entering the pump.
Glycol based coolants are gererally more viscous, thus affecting pump's noise.

Montag, 9. November 2020, 19:43

working on getting the pump mounted to the front radiator, and will move the reservioir above it, mounted to the front of the case.

made an adapter plate earlier today:

(test fitting)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Norlig« (9. November 2020, 19:45)

Dienstag, 10. November 2020, 07:52

Looks like again you plan to hard mount the pump to something. Good vibration dampening is a key to low noise operation. Add antivibration standoffs, I recommend to fit your adapter plate on these standoffs (choose appropriate size) and mount D5 NEXT pump through its stock "fat" silicone damper to black plate on your second pic.

Dienstag, 10. November 2020, 14:02

Looks like again you plan to hard mount the pump to something. Good vibration dampening is a key to low noise operation. Add antivibration standoffs, I recommend to fit your adapter plate on these standoffs (choose appropriate size) and mount D5 NEXT pump through its stock "fat" silicone damper to black plate on your second pic.
I will mount the bracket using some rubber in between the bracket and the radiator, but if I can still notice some vibration or similiar; I will look into those mounts.

thanks for the link

Dienstag, 10. November 2020, 14:37

I bet "some rubber" is not enough, especially when screws are still rigidly holding the bracket.

But, why should I insist. Everyone is looking for his own way to make it, right? :D

Donnerstag, 12. November 2020, 11:13

Alot better now

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Norlig« (12. November 2020, 11:14)

Donnerstag, 12. November 2020, 15:07

As I said, anti-vibration efforts are the key to low noise operation )
Congrats.

ND1

Donnerstag, 11. Februar 2021, 14:14

I have D5 Next pump and Watercool Heatkiller Tube reservoir, which has brackets with antivibration rubber. Same awful noise. I can hear at 0% power output (2000 rpm). Pump do not stands on any surface, just attached to reservoir.

Donnerstag, 11. Februar 2021, 15:00

I bet there is not enough rubber.

Donnerstag, 11. Februar 2021, 17:53

My aliexpress noname D5 is dead silent with EK revo res & mount & cryofuel clear premix as a coolant.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kuminauha« (11. Februar 2021, 17:55)

Donnerstag, 11. Februar 2021, 18:15

The D5 is a pump from Lowara/Xylem.
So there can hardly be a no name D5 :)
If it is a fake, you should probably not compare the two pumps.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Donnerstag, 11. Februar 2021, 19:35

Aliexpress "chinese D5" (bykski/barrow/etc) PWM 18W D5-like pump is not a D5. It is simplified for cheapening clone/copy in mounting dimensions of original D5.

It is less powerful then original, has plastic working chamber instead of stainless (original) and cheaper electronics circuit.
Though, original D5 (Lowara) pums still can be found on Aliexpress, they are original.

Freitag, 12. Februar 2021, 06:58

Twin D5 using Duel Revo, all EK. Never heard any sound from my pumps, good anti vibration :)
»Bartdude« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • pumps.jpg (595,6 kB - 122 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 13. April 2024, 18:30)
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Freitag, 12. Februar 2021, 07:34

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32731216….27424c4d5WmT7b

This is the one I was talking about. Seems to be a copy. The imperrel is metal but the cup or housing is made from delrin or similar material.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kuminauha« (12. Februar 2021, 07:39)

Freitag, 12. Februar 2021, 08:26

Twin D5 using Duel Revo, all EK. Never heard any sound from my pumps, good anti vibration
EK Revo mount is one of the best on the market, if not the best D5 mount in case of anti-vibration. I have EK D5 combo res with such mount, it is queit, though I still managed to make additional antivibration rubber standoffs between Revo mount and case panel its mounted on. There is never too much antivibration :)