• 20.04.2024, 03:08
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

CPU watt on software sensor

Samstag, 14. November 2020, 07:55

Is it possible to assign a CPU power consumption value to the software sensor of aquasuite?
If it is impossible, please improve it.

I think fans and pumps should be controlled based on calorific value, not temperature.

Samstag, 14. November 2020, 08:36

Think again, the pump does not need to be controlled, the flow hardly affects the temperatures.
Control by power consumption is as bad as control by CPU/GPU temperature.
The temperature of your components depends on the water temperature, which in turn is directly related to the ambient temperature, fan speed and radiator area.
The water temperature changes slowly in relation to component temperature or power consumption.
The best control variable is therefore the water temperature in the system.

Apart from the bad decision it is of course possible to use the power consumption as a control variable, on my 3700X the package power is displayed directly in the aquacomputer hardware monitor, if this is the case with your CPU I can't tell, if it doesn't HWInfo64 can help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Samstag, 14. November 2020, 19:36

Whether or not power consumption can be used as a control variable depends on the hardware. Thank you for your reply! !!

Yes, don't need to control the pump.
I aimed for easy to understand sentences.
The water temperature changes due to the heat generated by the CPU.
The cause of the rise in water temperature is insufficient cooling, so the fan needs to be turned faster.
But, the water temperature changes only a few degrees Celsius before and after cooling the CPU.
Don't you think it's too hard to control a fan in this range?
In that case, I thought that the cooling amount (fan speed) should be controlled with respect to the calorific value.

(Google translate)

Sonntag, 15. November 2020, 10:24

Zitat

But, the water temperature changes only a few degrees Celsius before and after cooling the CPU.

Don't you think it's too hard to control a fan in this range?

No, because the water only heats up slowly this control is the easiest and most sensible.

If you put your CPU under full load, the CPU temperature will jump to the value you can cool down with your loop and your water temperature, from there the CPU temperature will rise slowly in sync with the water temperature without your fans going into a tailspin.
If you control your PC according to the power consumption, it will sound more like a vacuum cleaner, because every load on the CPU will immediately make the fans turn up without any effect on the cooling, because the water only heats up und cools down slowly so these fast speed changes are worthless.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Taubenhaucher« (15. November 2020, 10:27)

Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

Sonntag, 15. November 2020, 11:06

@ no_3: an additional thought on linking fan RPM to processor activity
  • a processor spins up
  • fan RPM immediately increases for unaffected coolant currently in the radiator
  • the processor generates more heat
  • the water block draws additional heat into the coolant
  • depending on loop size/complexity, there is some time delay before the hotter coolant reaches the radiator
  • the processor ramps down
  • fan RPM are reduced
  • the hotter coolant now reaches the radiator, but fan RPM have already dropped
Linking fan RPM to CPU activity or status, may actually be detrimental to a coolant loop's performance.

Sonntag, 15. November 2020, 11:47

Hello InfoSeeker
Certainly there is that problem too. Fan control that takes into account water flow delay is required to solve this problem.

@Taubenhaucher
It's certainly easy and clear to control.

But, I think the ideal is to maintain a water temperature close to room temperature under any load.
Suppose the idling water temperature is 30 ° C when the room temperature is 25 ° C.
When the CPU is fully loaded in this state, the coolant input to the CPU is 30 ° C. If the CPU outputs 31 ° C coolant, I think it is ideal to cool the radiator to 30 ° C.

Certainly there is also the problem of noise. But don't you think need the value of CPU power consumption to achieve this water temperature?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »no_3« (15. November 2020, 11:58)

Sonntag, 15. November 2020, 12:24

Man's will is his kingdom of heaven.
I can only tell you what works for in water cooling for many years and explain why.

This I have done, if you want to control it differently do it and learn from what you have done ;-)
I am curious about your report.

Sonntag, 15. November 2020, 14:23

Thank you.
I will try various experiments. I'll start by replacing the hardware ...

Sonntag, 15. November 2020, 15:58

Hello InfoSeeker
Certainly there is that problem too. Fan control that takes into account water flow delay is required to solve this problem.

Fortunately this can be addressed automatically by placing a temperature sensor at the inlet to the radiator, and adjusting fan RPM per coolant temperature rises and falls.

Montag, 16. November 2020, 15:51

Below is a snapshot of a chart I run to follow the relationship between power in and fan RPM, mostly to check on my fan curve design.
Magenta data is power out from the PSU, and yellow data is resultant fan RPM.
I also tossed coolant/ambient delta and calculated radiator heat dissipation in for kicks.

In this snapshot I was running at around 625 watts, dropped to around 300 watts for a period, then back to the 625 watt level.

Dienstag, 17. November 2020, 08:33

Wow! !!
This is great data.