• 19.04.2024, 08:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Tanquen

cuplex kryos NEXT with new AM4 Aorus Extreme MB Not fitting

Sonntag, 15. November 2020, 02:27

The instructions are for all mounts and not very detailed. The AM4 section is for 2066, 2011-3, 2011, AM4 and TR4. It says to reference the picture for the orientation but it’s not a picture of the AM4. It says nothing about the two plastic mounting points already on the motherboard. Guessing you remove it as the bracket on the water block will not fit but if you remove them then the block is free floating on the CPU and that seems dangerous so what the heck?

Even this pic seems to have the orientation wrong.

»Tanquen« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:
  • Image1.jpg (97,06 kB - 79 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 30. Dezember 2023, 00:07)
  • Image2.jpg (575,4 kB - 54 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 25. März 2024, 22:38)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tanquen« (15. November 2020, 02:43)

Sonntag, 15. November 2020, 09:38

The AMD cooler brackets must be removed, the Kryos Next is screwed directly to the AMD backplate.
The correct cooler orientation can be seen on your first picture, just turn the picture 90° to the left or look for the golden triangle.
The CCDs of the Ryzen CPUs are located under the IO die towards the PCIe slots.
My Kryos Next is an older one and not moved, but I hope you can see some of the assembly.

I am just too stupid to include the images :-(
Now it works :-)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Taubenhaucher« (15. November 2020, 09:48)

Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Tanquen

Montag, 16. November 2020, 18:10

Thanks for the help. I was tired and their pic is odd as it seems the Ryzen Text is just thrown on. But yeah, just rotate their pic 90°. I had to dig up that pic. Here is what the guide had:

If you look at the leaver on the socket in the pic it would also be the wrong way. Also, the screws are not long enough so I had to hold down the block with one had and push the first screw really hard to get it started and was worried I'd damage the CPU. Not the best instructions or setup but was able to get it working.