• 16.04.2024, 05:29
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

SaiBork

RGB and fan connections

Montag, 23. November 2020, 11:12

Posted on Reddit, but I'm not sure Sven is around as he hasn't posted for over a week.

Hi all, looking to build my first water cooling loop and it will have a lot of RGB. So currently looking for the best way to manage RGB and PWM.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming
***RGB on back of board (manageable via Asus Aura)

Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo
***RGB manageable via Asus Aura

CPU Block: Barrow
***Convertor cable from Barrow to 5V D-RGB

GPU Block: Bykski
***Convertor cable from Bykski to 5V D-RGB

Res/Pump: EK Quantum VTX
***5V D-RGB

Fans: 9 EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB
***5V D-RGB

The fans have a daisy chain option and I am looking to set this up as below;
  • 3 fans on the top radiator, these can be linked via PWM splitter and daisy chained D-RGB
  • 3 fans on the bottom radiator, same as above
  • 2 fans on the side of the case on a radiator, again, PWM splitter + daisy chain D-RGB
  • 1 fan on the rear of the case
I believe there are only 9 LEDs in each of the fans, so 3 fans daisy chained should not give any issues.
I am however looking to get a flow meter with display and possible a flow meter that shows the spinning rotor. This second one may have RGB as well, but of course won't have many LEDs.
Currently looking to get the below to control the above;
I assume the ports on the Farbwerk are either/or and not to be used all 8.

Connections PWM:
  • rear fan
  • PWM splitter 3 top fans
  • PWM splitter 3 bottom fans
  • PWM splitter 2 side fans
  • Pump

Connections RGB:
  • rear fan+3 top fans daisy chained on Farbwerk port 1 D-RGB
  • 3 bottom fans daisy chained on Farbwerk port 2 D-RGB
  • 2 side fans daisy chained on Farbwerk port 3 D-RGB
  • Pump/res on Farbwerk port 4 D-RGB
  • CPU and GPU block on the two RGBpx ports on the OCTO using the RGBpx connection cable using a RGBpx adapter

I may need to daisy chain the side fans together with the bottom fans and get a 3rd RGBpx cable with adapter if I do opt for the RGB flow meter.
Both OCTO and Farbwerk 360 would be connected to a USB header to be manageable using Aquasuite.

Anything I missed, or just suggestions in general before I order all the parts?
Additionally, is Aquasuite able to manage the Asus motherboard and G.Skill memory, or does this need to be done via the Asus Aura software?

Montag, 23. November 2020, 14:25

Aquasuite has nothing to do with Asus Aura.
I'm not sure you can daisychain both D-RGB and RGBpx connected devices on a single Farbwerk360 channel, farbwerk360 has four channels - not eight channels. It is my assumption that D-RGB and RGBpx outputs are just connected in parallel. Not sure if it will affect your setup.

Generally, you should be able to daisychain as many devices as you need, until you're below the 90leds per channel limit. Also farbwerk is limited to 20 LED controllers (effects), that mean for some types of RGB effects you may be limited by it.

SaiBork

Montag, 23. November 2020, 15:58

Thanks k2viper, that's what I meant as well, so it's either the 4 channels on the Farbwerk360 using the RGBpx or the D-RGB connectors, which is fine with the suggested setup

Farbwerk360, 4 D-RGB ports used
  • 4 fans, 9 LEDs each, that's 1 channel D-RGB port on the Farbwerk360, 36 LEDs
  • 3 fans, 9 LEDs each, that's 1 channel D-RGB port on the Farbwerk360, 27 LEDs
  • 2 fans, 9 LEDs each, that's 1 channel D-RGB port on the Farbwerk360, 18 LEDs
  • Pump/res combo, that's 1 channel D-RGB port on the Farbwerk360
OCTO, 2 RGBpx ports used
  • CPU block using the "RGBpx connection cable" with a "RGBpx adapter"
  • GPU block using the "RGBpx connection cable" with a "RGBpx adapter"

In regards to Asus Aura, I was only hoping to be able to control the RGB on the motherboard and the memory without using Asus Aura and use Aquasuite for that as well, but as I expected, that would not work as there is no integration for this. Thus I would need to use both Asus Aura AND Aquasuite for the full RGB setup. I'm just trying to minimise the amount of RGB software required.

With all the LEDs on a single channel. Is there a way within Aquasuite to say which belong to what fan? With this I mean, is there a way to separate the 27 LEDs into 3 fans in the software? So I can change looks, colours and effects easily? Or do you just get to see a strip/selection of 27 LEDs and you have to assign each LED?

These may be silly questions, but the videos are only showing strips or effects and not the actual software, so it leaves a lot of questions and the hardware isn't cheap.

Montag, 23. November 2020, 16:24

You dont have to connect each fan group to a different farbwerk/octo channel. Two or more groups of fans also may be daisychained to one channel until you're below 90leds/channel limit.

Any LED controller in software controls its own effect and is assigned to its own group of leds, or even more then one effect to the same led group. On my RGBpx 1 you can see three led controllers as it's 3 different led strips daisychained.
Thats how it will look like.

SaiBork

Montag, 23. November 2020, 16:42

Ah great, so each hardware item becomes its own controller automatically within the software and you just need to ensure you remain below the 90 LEDs limit.
I mainly listed it my way as it may be easier to create effects based on RGBpx port per rad/section with it's controllers than to have for example 5 fans on one port and then the 6th on another port. Easier to keep stuff in sync if it's within the same RGBpx port I assumed.

Montag, 23. November 2020, 16:52

No, not automatically. Software doesnt detect which led belong to which device. You manually assign every LED controller to every led or group of leds, basing on led number from 1 to 90.
The same rgbpx port doesnt ensure all its effects will be synced. It depends on LED controllers (effects) used and number of leds involved.
But, aquasuite is flexible enough. I believe you will be able to create many pretty interesting effects with it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »k2viper« (23. November 2020, 16:56)

SaiBork

Montag, 23. November 2020, 17:58

Great, thanks again for all the responses. Looks like I'm all set.

OCTO
Farbwerk360

Using fan splitters, I can connect fans + pump onto the OCTO

RGB daisy chain all 9 fans to one of the D-RGB ports on the Farbwerk360, 81 LEDs and set it up into 4 controllers within Aquasuite :D Using a single port only.
Then use two more D-RGB ports on the Farbwerk360, one for CPU block and one for the GPU block.

Then I still have a spare D-RGB/RGBpx port/channel on the Farbwerk360 left and both RGBpx ports/channels on the OCTO.

**Edit: Actually, the Farbwerk360 comes with two LED strips, so that will use one of those RGBpx ports ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »SaiBork« (23. November 2020, 18:03)

Montag, 23. November 2020, 20:39

You dont have to connect each fan group to a different farbwerk/octo channel. Two or more groups of fans also may be daisychained to one channel until you're below 90leds/channel limit.

Any LED controller in software controls its own effect and is assigned to its own group of leds, or even more then one effect to the same led group. On my RGBpx 1 you can see three led controllers as it's 3 different led strips daisychained.
Thats how it will look like.

-------

thats really helpful its not obvious that you create "groups" by defining how many leds are in each device, thanks