• 16.04.2024, 22:45
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Help me diagnose problems with Aquasuite

Dienstag, 24. November 2020, 21:21

I upgraded my PC recently, and ever since have started having problems with Aquasuite... which sucks, because it's been rock solid for years! I am running x.29, and have seen the following issues:
- AquaComputerService consumes high CPU until restarted. This is particularly noticeable after the system has been idle for a long period.
- AquaSuite (UI) will hang if open for a period of time (generally less than an hour, not particularly long, and not long enough to exhaust resources)
- Checking the "Save events to a log file" boxes for aquasuite and Aqua Computer Service.... doesn't seem to do anything? No logs are saved in the location specified

Some details:
- I am using HWInfo, and Aquasuite is configured to read some sensor values from it. HWInfo has never hung or crashed on me, so while I am suspicious of this interaction because it is something I set up new on this computer, it doesn't seem to be at fault
- I don't have a particularly complicated dashboard. Just air cooling, although lots of fans and sensors (no watercooling any more)
- I run AquaComputerService as admin, at startup.
- I did have "Analyze Audio/video data" checked, although just disabled that to see if that helps.
Logs would help I think, but as above, I don't seem to get any. I will, at some point, try uninstalling HWInfo to see if that helps, but some sensors are only available in HWInfo, which will mess with my fan config. Doable, just not ideal.
What else should I try?

Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2020, 21:41

I might have this problem solved, although it didn't always occur quickly, so I'm not 100% sure. In short, I have an RTX 3080. It's a major power suck, and there are many reports of undervolting it providing less power usage and more stable clocks... so I had mine undervolted, and it worked perfectly fine under load, however, the undervolting guides all perform the undervolting in a way that adjusts the voltage at all frequencies, not just max (at least I think that is what happens, the undervolting curve in afterburner is not particularly logical). So my theory is, during idle clocks, the voltage was occasionally too low, which would cause GPU issues. In turn, anything querying the GPU (ie aquero) would potentially hit an issue. Since reverting to stock voltage, I have not seen aquero hang.... although it has only been a week, so I'm not 100% sure this is the root cause... but seems likely at this point.