• 16.04.2024, 18:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Dual temp monitoring on octo

Sonntag, 29. November 2020, 12:15

Currently use the Octo and have a curve mode set for passive mode on my watercooling set up. No fan action unless cpu temp reaches above 50°c I've got this set through the software monitoring within Octo. Is it possible to somehow set this so if cpu temp goes above 50c or another sensor reaches a target it will activate the fans. I seem to be only able to set it to monitor 1 temp for curve

Sonntag, 29. November 2020, 12:35

I seem to be only able to set it to monitor 1 temp for curve
Yes, you can only use one temp for a curve.

You can use the Playground in the Aquasuite to create a new sensor, that is using the input values of your two sensors.

Montag, 30. November 2020, 01:08

You can do this in playground. You can input the two sensors and set kind of like this. This virtual sensor outputs 1 degree C when CPU is above or equal to 75C or when GPU is equal or above 45C. Then I assign this to the software sensor with offset value of 50 so when the virtual is 1C then the software is 50C. Then I use this software sensor to ramp up pump speed when either of these two reach mentioned temperature points.

I would suggest to control fans using water temperature, its the best way to avoid needless fan ramps up and down.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kuminauha« (30. November 2020, 01:11)

Dienstag, 1. Dezember 2020, 01:16

Thankyou very much for this, I've got it working via the playground idea, unfortunately I don't have a reliable water temperature monitor yet but this is perfect for when I'm web browsing and don't want fans whirring away unnecessarily every 30 seconds.

Dienstag, 1. Dezember 2020, 09:11

You can get 99% reliable water temp reading by taping the the flat type thermistor onto radiator end tank. You can calibrate the reading using something like digital fever meter and aquasuite temp sensor offset.

Dienstag, 1. Dezember 2020, 19:14

You can get 99% reliable water temp reading by taping the the flat type thermistor onto radiator end tank. You can calibrate the reading using something like digital fever meter and aquasuite temp sensor offset.

This is essentially what aquacomputer do for the Temperature sensor internal/external thread G1/4

assembled.jpg
opened.jpg

Dienstag, 1. Dezember 2020, 20:11

Wouldn't be surprised if every single one of "proper" sensors are made exactly the same way.