• 16.04.2024, 23:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Fan Speed not matching Curve Controller

Montag, 30. November 2020, 14:33

Hi all,

I cant seem to find anyone else covering this, if its in the German language section sorry!

I was relatively happy as the fans seem to loosely follow my fan curve and ramped up when I wanted (ish), however they seemed to be hitting high RPM a little quicker than i would have liked, so i went to tweak my curves and found my fan speeds are not actually matching the curve controller at all. I've checked what I can but cant seem to find a cause.

I've attached screenshot to highlight what I mean, even moving the curve to extremes in the temperature region does not seem to lead to much change. (for ease of illustration I've just used an auto curve for the screenshot).

Image Link

Any ideas why?!

Montag, 30. November 2020, 14:53

This is ok.
The controller output 0..100% is scaled to the fan output power settings.
Take a look into the user manual from the download section. This behavior and the settings are explained.

Montag, 30. November 2020, 14:59

Well, I see nothing wrong on your screenshot.
Your curve controller output can be scaled, and in your case is likely scaled, so <45% controller output is matched to 58% fan output.

Controller (curve controller etc) is a software algorithm creating output between minimum and maximum you set (30% and 100%), but controller's 30% and 100% can be scaled to e.g. 40% and 100% of fan output.

Take a closer look at this section:

Montag, 30. November 2020, 18:34

perfect thanks! :thumbsup:

I had completely misunderstood how that section worked, had completely missed that it scaled it when modified.

Knew i must have missed something so thanks again!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Javeeik« (30. November 2020, 18:39)