• 17.04.2024, 00:29
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Question Regarding 53068 (flow sensor) and AQ-41105 (PWM pump)

Freitag, 4. Dezember 2020, 11:30

System: Aquaero 6
I've recently installed a 53068 "High Flow" Sensor, it is landed on the port labeled Flow (left of the Aquabus Low port). I also have a D5 PWM Pump (AQ-41105) landed in the Fan 1 port.

Two Issues:

1) In the Fans section of the Aquasuite (Version X.29) software, I've set the pump to "PWM Controlled" under the Advanced settings tab. However, No matter what I do, it continues to run at max rpm even though 0.0V is listed. In the "Controllers" section, I created a "Preset value" rule for said pump and have tried adjusting the slider, but the RPM never budge from 4784rpm. What could be wrong?

2) Under the "Flow sensors" in the Sensors section of aquasuite, my flow sensor is listed, and correctly set to "Aqua Computer high flow ( 53068 )" for the Calibration value. I do show a reading of ~250 l/h. That being said, I would like to use this flow sensor to dictate the speed at which the PWM Pump operates. I cannot find a way to utilize the flow sensor as an input in the Controllers section.

FWIW, this is a dual pump system for redundancy, the other pump in the loop is a D5 Vario set to low RPM for a baseline flow rate. This D5 Vario is not connected to the Aquaero.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

Freitag, 4. Dezember 2020, 12:46

I believe curve controllers have a built-in limitation of only working with temperatures as the source.
You can get around this by converting RPM to a temperature in the Playground, and using that as the source:
But honestly, you are best off with a preset controller.
The flow range has a wide window to deliver useful results, this allows you to find the audible sweet spot for the pump.
Set it and forget it... just monitor the flow, because if it changes you have an issue developing.

As to not being able to control the pump, perhaps you are not getting the PWM signal to it.
Did you insert an extension between the pump's cable and the aquaero fan port? Is the extension 4 pin?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (4. Dezember 2020, 12:58)

Freitag, 4. Dezember 2020, 16:31

Indeed, I'm using an extension. I looked at the PWM cable coming from the pump, it has only 2 wires. I checked the pinout for a pwm plug, the two conductor is landed in the 12v and GND positions. I'm comfortable with changing the pinout, however, my next question considering that, what's the minimum number of wires needed to control a pwm pump?

EDIT: Excuse me, I was incorrect. They are indeed on the Tach/PWM side of the plug.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bio« (4. Dezember 2020, 16:45)

Freitag, 4. Dezember 2020, 22:11

I believe the pump needs +12V & ground, commonly on a 4-pin Molex plug, a PWM control signal and and RPM reporting signal. typically on a 4 pin fan connector.
If your PWM & reporting signals are properly connected, then hopefully someone more knowledgeable will jump in.

Montag, 7. Dezember 2020, 13:34

This pump has molex connector feeding +12v and gnd to the pump, and 4-pin fan connector with Tacho and PWM pins wired.

I have an analog of described pump, EK one, and have no problems controlling it, even its being connected to D5NEXT's fan channel as aquabus slave to the aquaero.

There should not be much issues besides "PWM controlled" is selected under aquaero - Fans - pump's channel - Advanced tab.
Make sure under Settings tab, the real Minimum and Maximum power are selected. The behavior you describe is possible if the same 100% is selected as minimum and maximum controllable range.

Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2020, 03:05

So... Everything does appear to be set up correctly. I'm using the Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top (BP-2D5TOPP-BK). With both pumps in series, do you think the other pump could be the reason that the rpm never changes?

Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2020, 07:42

Hmm, lets clarify: both of your pumps installed in series, how two their 4-pin fan headers are connected to the aquaero?
When rpm reading do not change, the actual pumps speed according to noise and vibrations you can feel, is not changing too?

Regardless of other pumps installed, PWM pump connected to the aquaero should be controllable.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »k2viper« (8. Dezember 2020, 07:51)

Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2020, 08:57

Not all D5 Pumps are equal, some do not conform to the Intel PWM specs. If this is the case with yours then you will need a workaround. I know the Diva Mod on the Aquaero owners club @ Overclockers was used by a lot who had this problem and I think I'm correct in saying @shoggy had a hand in it too.

EDIT: Took some finding but take a look on page 321 :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bartdude« (8. Dezember 2020, 09:08)

"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2020, 09:12

He is using Aquacomputer PWM pump with Aquacomputer aquaero. Anyone would expect full compatibility in that case.

E.g. my EK PWM pump is able to drop its rpm to 800 (!) which is far below Laing specs, but only if connected to Aquacomputer PWM source. If connected to a motherboard, minimum rpm is 1800. Does EK pump comply Intel PWM or does Aquacomputer not?

So it's an open question what is "Intel PWM specs" and who do comply them. Anyway, if actual rpm is not changing at all, I suspect some kind of defect.

First of all, try to connect pump to another PWM source, e.g. motherboard. Maybe there's also a problem with PWM wire and/or 4-pin header on aquaero or a pump.

Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2020, 11:59

ah my confusion was i saw duel Bitspower, Aquacomputer and EK v2 pumps both work with Intel PWM specs.

On another note, to the Op. Do you have your pumps connected to 1 fan header via a Y cable? Do the pumps work individually? I've seen some Y cables give people problems with no rpm signal when they have connected fans that way. I personally use several splitty9's, 1 for each bank of fans and 1 for both my pumps.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bartdude« (8. Dezember 2020, 12:08)

"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 00:56

Primary D5 is a Vario set to 3/5 for a base low flow, tach signal is sent to an Aorus Fan Commander (came with x570 Xtreme). I have the Tach / PWM from the Secondary AquaComputer D5 PWM model going to "Fan 1" header on the Aquaero. It's set to PWM in the advanced settings.

This weekend I'll try running the system with each pump solo, different PWM headers, and see what kind of results I get. (unless someone has something for me to try)

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020, 09:56

As I said, try PWM D5 with different PWM source, e.g. motherboard. It is still possibly a header/wire problem.