• 16.04.2024, 12:38
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

High Flow NEXT makes rattle noise if flow is above 46 g/h

Freitag, 11. Dezember 2020, 03:27

Noticing some noise from the High Flow NEXT when I go above a flow of 46 g/h? Is this something I can fix, or do I need to send it back? It sounds like the propeller is loose.

Aside from the noise if I keep it below 46, I love it.

Any tips or help?

Thanks in advance.
----
Nightlust

Freitag, 11. Dezember 2020, 07:37

i think you have air in your system.
If you dont have a strait tubing from and to the sensor this can cause this noise.
On higher flow rates every sensor make a noticeable noise.

PA3Q

Freitag, 11. Dezember 2020, 10:16

I received my High Flow Next yesterday and installed it in my system.
It´s the first liquid cooled system for me, so I´m not that experienced.

My meter also does a constant rattling, extremely annoying, noise.
It´s not straight tubing to- and from the meter, but I guess that would be hard to do, even in my Fractal 7 XL case.
The pump is connected to the PSU directly (for leak testing), so i don´t know the flow rate etc.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/p…1080&fit=bounds

Video with sound of the meter:
https://app.photobucket.com/u/patrik_e/a…1d-d1ef634d72f8

Initially, I bought a High Flow USB, but ordered the Next because of the extra features.

I really looked forward to connecting the meter and test the system, a bit disappointed right now.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »PA3Q« (11. Dezember 2020, 10:20)

Freitag, 11. Dezember 2020, 12:34

Really hard to evaluate the noise and the level from your recording.

The high flow NEXT and high flow 2 is quieter than our previous sensors. Of course there is still a sound that should be recognizable near to the sensor.
It can take up to two weeks until the is no air in the sensor. If possible, try to rotate the sensor (or the hole case) around all axis to remove remaining air.

If there is air in the sensor it is loud. Why? Because the rotor will start to waffle due areas that are not filled by water and bump against the housing.
You can also add a micro amount of dishwashing detergent to reduce the surface tension of the coolant. If possible increase pump power to maximum due deaeration.

torexko

Freitag, 18. Dezember 2020, 22:51

I have exactly the same problem!

With flow rates higher than 140 l/m (38 g/m), the rattling noise becomes noticeable and very annoying...
I made sure to properly bleed the system and the D5 pump is completely silent, so I assume there is no air left.

Here is a video of the rattling noise at different flow rates:
https://youtu.be/HGfv_JuMoRM
Here is a video of the flow sensor noise compared to the D5 noise at full speed!
https://youtu.be/XLv0Tb1PhPk

To be honest I am very disappointed, since I thought your brand was based on silent operation :(

Samstag, 19. Dezember 2020, 05:39

I noticed you have it on a T fitting. Maybe thats the problem. Try a 50mm extender fitting from EK or Bitspower on both sides.

I have two High Flow NEXT but I haven't used the yet. Waiting on parts. I also have two mps 100 flow sensor for a different PC with low flow pump.

The guidance for the mps flow sensors says it needs 5cm of straight hard tubing on each side to be accurate. I haven't seen that guidance for the High Flow NEXT or High Flow 2/LT, but I'm wondering if it also applies to them.

Samstag, 19. Dezember 2020, 10:09

every sensor makes noise when you have a flow rate > 300 l/h.
Reduce your flow rate.

Samstag, 19. Dezember 2020, 23:25

Yeah, reduce your flow rate. You will get less pump noise, less strain on the pump, use less electricity even, and your temps should hardly change at all unless I am mistaken... And your sensor should be quiet ;)

torexko

Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2020, 01:19

I noticed you have it on a T fitting. Maybe thats the problem. Try a 50mm extender fitting from EK or Bitspower on both sides.

I have two High Flow NEXT but I haven't used the yet. Waiting on parts. I also have two mps 100 flow sensor for a different PC with low flow pump.

The guidance for the mps flow sensors says it needs 5cm of straight hard tubing on each side to be accurate. I haven't seen that guidance for the High Flow NEXT or High Flow 2/LT, but I'm wondering if it also applies to them.

I have changed my configuration and there are straight lines on both sides of the sensor, with length more than 5cm.
I also have the sensor mounted buttons up as advised in the manual for optimal silence.
Neither of those helped with the noise.

every sensor makes noise when you have a flow rate > 300 l/h.
Reduce your flow rate.

Of course I expected some kind of noise, but this rattling is very loud and annoying...
And also as I mentioned, the noise starts at just 140 l/h and at 300 l/h it is already unbearable and is definitely the noisiest component in my PC...
Are you sure that my unit is not defective?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »torexko« (20. Dezember 2020, 01:21)

Does it still make the rattling noise after multiple weeks?

Montag, 11. Januar 2021, 10:58

I'm about to order this sensor, were you able to get rid of the noise?
For me a silent loop is a big priority, so having this thing rattling is a no-go, although I really would like to have it in the system.
Any update on this?

Montag, 11. Januar 2021, 12:32

Why do you want a flow meter, to look good or to actually know your flow rate? Any flow meter that has moving parts is going to generate some noise, if you want total silence look at the MPS range.
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Dienstag, 12. Januar 2021, 09:16

Well, did you check the noise / rattling in the posted videos? If this is how it sound forever it's distracting.
That's louder than A D5 at full speed.

torexko

RE: Does it still make the rattling noise after multiple weeks?

Donnerstag, 14. Januar 2021, 02:43

I'm about to order this sensor, were you able to get rid of the noise?
For me a silent loop is a big priority, so having this thing rattling is a no-go, although I really would like to have it in the system.
Any update on this?
My system has been running for over a month and there is no air left.
Unfortunately the noise is still present...

If you want a really silent system, you will have to reduce your flow rate and unfortunately keep it relatively low.

This is what I found out from my experience:
At 115 l/h (0.5 GPM) it is silent and the rattling is inaudible. That is what I ended up going with.
At 225 l/h (1.0 GPM) it may be acceptable for some people, but it is not completely silent anymore.
At 340 l/h (1.5 GPM) it is very loud and annoying, as you can see in my videos.

Montag, 18. Januar 2021, 08:05

Noise at 1GPM is unacceptable and that loud at 1.5GPM
is really concerning.
Going to have second thoughts on even using this in my loop now. The old flow meter never made noise even at 1.8GPM so not sure why the new one is.

Montag, 18. Januar 2021, 08:06

Yeah, reduce your flow rate. You will get less pump noise, less strain on the pump, use less electricity even, and your temps should hardly change at all unless I am mistaken... And your sensor should be quiet ;)

The old sensor never did. Ran at 1.8gpm with no noise at all

Montag, 18. Januar 2021, 15:32

The old flow meter never made noise even at 1.8GPM so not sure why the new one is.

That's exactly my experience as well. I have two old High Flow and had two High Flow NEXT (I already sent them back). The old ones never made such rattling noises, NEVER EVER, but the support keeps claiming that it would be louder. Sorry, I am able to hear it for myself that the old ones are not louder at 150 l/h or above and I also can hear that they are not making any rattling noise at all. They just keep ignoring this fact though.

Montag, 18. Januar 2021, 19:42

We would really like to improve this issue. Can you please tell me which coolant you are using?

Dienstag, 19. Januar 2021, 10:37

I've never used anything else but clear DP Ultra with both sensors, the new and the old one.

Dienstag, 19. Januar 2021, 18:01

Please have a look at this topic:

Replacement of high flow NEXT sensors that are too noisy

We have found the issue for the problem.

torexko

Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2021, 11:36

Please have a look at this topic:

Replacement of high flow NEXT sensors that are too noisy

We have found the issue for the problem.

That's great news, thank you for investigating!

I knew this kind of noise could not be normal and it had to be a defect...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »torexko« (23. Januar 2021, 12:46)