• 16.04.2024, 12:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

klara

D5 NEXT vs High Flow NEXT, more accurate temperature

Samstag, 19. Dezember 2020, 16:20

I have installed high flow NEXT right after outlet port of D5 NEXT pump.
My high flow NEXT reports 1~2 degrees higher temperature than what D5 NEXT pump reports.
Which value is more reliable?

Or, should I do some calibration to fix temperature values?

Samstag, 19. Dezember 2020, 23:15

Are they both accurate? The pump could be adding heat to the loop, and the downstream sensor is picking that up?

klara

Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2020, 04:45

Are they both accurate? The pump could be adding heat to the loop, and the downstream sensor is picking that up?
I don't think so.
The entire delta-T for a custom loop will be less than about 3 degrees and most of them come from heat of CPU and GPU.
A pump cannot raise water temperature by 1 degree solely.

Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2020, 04:50

Without knowing which (if either) is correct, I would just set my controls off of the average.

This is assuming access to an actual calibrated sensor.

klara

Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2020, 05:55

Without knowing which (if either) is correct, I would just set my controls off of the average.

This is assuming access to an actual calibrated sensor.

If I were interested in controlling fan/pump by water temperature, yes, the average would be enough.
However, I want to measure delta-T between radiator inlet and outlet.
Since that value would be < 3degrees usually, error of order of one is too much.
At least, I want to know error range of each device, so that I can determine how much reliable those sensors are.

RE: D5 NEXT vs High Flow NEXT, more accurate temperature

Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2020, 13:19

My high flow NEXT reports 1~2 degrees higher temperature than what D5 NEXT pump reports.

The INTODUCTORY POST for the HIGH FLOW NEXT included the statement below:

Zitat

Water temperature - highly accurate and measured as swift as an arrow
The high flow 2 and the high flow NEXT feature a highly accurate and also extremely responsive water temperature sensor. This not only allows the water temperature to be determined but also, in combination with a second sensor, the power currently being dissipated by the cooling system.

EDIT: but then the D5 NEXT INTRODUCTORY POST included the statement below:

Zitat

Water temperature measurement: precise and fast
We are proud of the really precise water temperature sensor. This is mounted in the motor unit of the pump directly on the metal housing and delivers extremely accurate and low-delay values. It is therefore perfectly suited to provide the data to control the fans.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (20. Dezember 2020, 18:20)

Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2020, 15:33

I have D5 NEXT and an inline water temp sensor installed right on D5 NEXT's top inlet, connected to the aquaero. Inline sensor was pre-calibrated by me. So I am able to compare its readings with D5 NEXT's internal temp sensor.
In my case, D5 NEXT's internal sensor has like -0,3C lower readings, but also its readings are different regarding pump's speed. I have two pumps in loop, and readings of D5 NEXT's sensor depent on its pump speed, not on a flow created by second pump.

So I wouldnt recomment D5NEXT's sensor to use for water delta T measuremens, it is too inaccurate for this. Though, it's fine enough to be a basement for e.g. water temp dependent fan speed control.

Montag, 21. Dezember 2020, 07:27

You can adjust the Sensor value via an offset to match both.
Under normal conditions, the high flow next value is more accurate.

klara

Montag, 21. Dezember 2020, 11:51

You can adjust the Sensor value via an offset to match both.
Under normal conditions, the high flow next value is more accurate.
So, do you recommend that I have to adjust sensor in D5 NEXT so that temperature of D5 NEXT match that of High Flow NEXT?
I have D5 NEXT and an inline water temp sensor installed right on D5 NEXT's top inlet, connected to the aquaero. Inline sensor was pre-calibrated by me. So I am able to compare its readings with D5 NEXT's internal temp sensor.
In my case, D5 NEXT's internal sensor has like -0,3C lower readings, but also its readings are different regarding pump's speed. I have two pumps in loop, and readings of D5 NEXT's sensor depent on its pump speed, not on a flow created by second pump.

So I wouldnt recomment D5NEXT's sensor to use for water delta T measuremens, it is too inaccurate for this. Though, it's fine enough to be a basement for e.g. water temp dependent fan speed control.
Nice to know that. is the inline water temperature sensor you using also aquacomputer's product?

The INTODUCTORY POST for the HIGH FLOW NEXT included the statement below:

Zitat

Water temperature - highly accurate and measured as swift as an arrow
The high flow 2 and the high flow NEXT feature a highly accurate and also extremely responsive water temperature sensor. This not only allows the water temperature to be determined but also, in combination with a second sensor, the power currently being dissipated by the cooling system.

EDIT: but then the D5 NEXT INTRODUCTORY POST included the statement below:

Zitat

Water temperature measurement: precise and fast
We are proud of the really precise water temperature sensor. This is mounted in the motor unit of the pump directly on the metal housing and delivers extremely accurate and low-delay values. It is therefore perfectly suited to provide the data to control the fans.
lol. extremely accurate sensor value does not match very precise sensor value.

Dienstag, 22. Dezember 2020, 20:30

Nice to know that. is the inline water temperature sensor you using also aquacomputer's product?
No, it's Phobya 10k inline sensor.
Any calibration should be done only if you have some baseline temperature to control.
How did I calibrated my water and air sensors: a glass of water of room temperature, all sensors connected in a bunch and submerged in a glass with reference universal thermometer (pre-tested and accurately showing body temp and boiling water temps, so I was sure it's pretty precise).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »k2viper« (22. Dezember 2020, 20:33)