• 16.04.2024, 21:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Octo Virtual Sensors issue after PC Sleep

Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2020, 21:42

I'm having an issue with Virtual Sensors configured in Aquasuite's Playground area not being recognized by my connected Octo after I wake my computer from sleep. It isn't 100% of the time, sometimes putting the computer back to sleep and waking it again works, but not always.

What I'm seeing is that Aquasuite will load up, and if I look in the Playground at the sensor directly, I can see it pulling both hardware sensor values (two temp probes connected to the Octo), calculating the difference and outputting a value correctly (I'm looking at water temp minus external air temp). If I go over to the Octo fan control though, the software sensor that I configured for that virtual sensor shows the correct binding, but shows "--" and no data, and the fans that are controlled by it are set to 100% (which makes sense, err on the side of too much cooling).

I have tried restarting the Aquasuite software (though I didn't expect that to do much) and the Aquacomputer service, but neither of these fix the issue. Part of my issue troubleshooting this is that I don't know where the virtual sensor calculations and the binding to the Octo software sensors "live", since that seems to be what's messing up.

Does anyone have any idea of something I can try to resolve this issue that doesn't require me to reboot the computer each time?

Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2021, 17:15

Hey !
Same Problem here.. did you find a solution?
Sensor Data is there when choosing the Data Point.. but the Soft Sensor just shows "---".
Thanks!
Toby

DaLiu

Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2021, 02:19

What systems do you guys use, I have something similar regarding soft sensors but actually for me it happens randomly, I don't even have to put the PC to sleep. I use 4 Aquacomputer devices and usually my Leakshield or D5 next are losing the soft sensors.

I have a Ryzen 5950X and ASUS Dark Hero mobo.

Freitag, 17. Dezember 2021, 00:59

I have a simple batch file (aquacomputer.bat) on my desktop that i just run (Manually) after waking from sleep

@echo off
net stop "Aqua Computer Service"
net start "Aqua Computer Service"

Samstag, 18. Dezember 2021, 02:20

Have you looked at USB power saving settings in Windows? If USB Selective Suspend is enabled you could try disabling it. I have an Octo and 2 Farbwerk360's in my system. The Octo and one Farbwerk both have 4 temp sensors connected. I am also calculating the delta-T between coolant temp and ambient temp and using the value to control fan speeds. I have not experienced this problem and wonder if it has something to do with the USB bus. AMD X570 is known to have USB issues.

In my case, I have a Hubby7 internal USB hub and an NZXT Gen-3 USB2.0 internal hub. The Hubby7 handles the Aquacomputer devices while the NZXT handles some Corsair RGB controllers and a USB2.0 to DVI video adapter that I use to drive an internal display. The Hubby7 is plugged into a port on the NZXT hub which then plugs into one of the mobo USB2,0- headers. In my case, a Dark Hero USB2.0 header labelled USB1213. I have been meaning to change this and plug the Hubby7 into the other USB2.0 header on the mobo (USB_E56) but its been working fine so I have not bothered.

I read a random post on Reddit from someone who claimed that the Asus Dark Hero mobo USBE_56 USB header can only provide 50% as much current as the USB1213 header. I have no idea if this true but if you have a Dark Hero and are using the USB_E56 header it might be worth it to try the USB1213 header. You could also try installing a Molex or SATA powered internal USB2.0 hub (like a Hubby7) and see if that makes any difference. There are also several programs out there that can drill into the USB bus and show a lot of detailed info.USBDevView and USBLog VIew come to mind.

Samstag, 18. Dezember 2021, 16:48

I have tried with USB Selective suspend disabled and it makes no difference hence the .bat file (which is easier than opening AS in admin mode to restart the services)

Samstag, 18. Dezember 2021, 16:57

I have tried with USB Selective suspend disabled and it makes no difference hence the .bat file (which is easier than opening AS in admin mode to restart the services)

Ah thats easier

Linked to the bat file from task scheduler for when the com,puter wakes from sleep

https://sumtips.com/how-to/run-program-w…leep-hibernate/

---------------

@echo off
net stop "Aqua Computer Service"
net start "Aqua Computer Service"