• 25.04.2024, 10:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquasuite Crash on Launch ver X.31

Sonntag, 27. Dezember 2020, 00:45

I have version X.31 installed on my computer. I was messing around with the XAML code for a custom object on my default page. Clearly I made a mistake, because the instant I clicked "save" on that object the software crashed. Now the software crashes as it attempts to load the page. I have done a lot of customization to the pages and would love to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling. I have attached a ZIP with a copy of my system info and few crash reports. I was hoping to locate the .page file where the settings are stored and remove the object I was working on. Any advice?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »SD7« (7. Januar 2021, 04:08)

Sonntag, 27. Dezember 2020, 05:55

Ouch... backup is your friend, especially when modding :S

Not sure if dot.page files get saved with a profile save, but have you checked if the aquasuite installer auto-saved your profile when installing X.31 update? settings.jpg

Edit: The dot.page files are text files which can easily be opened with a text editor like notepad. Perhaps if you open the file you can delete suspect portions, and save to a new name to test.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (27. Dezember 2020, 13:46)

Sonntag, 27. Dezember 2020, 23:25

Thanks for helping out! I have made backups of the other pages that I had finished, and was going to make a backup of the page I was working on as soon as it was finished.... The logic for the virtual sensors is what I am most concerned about, because I am not aware of a way to back them up.

Anyway, I had noticed that the dot.page files are just text files, but I cant seem to find where they are stored. The program directory has all the default pages, but the custom pages I created don't appear in that same directory.

Montag, 28. Dezember 2020, 03:52

The software engineers at aquacomputer recently changed the default folder for profiles to "X:\Documents\aquasuite".
You can save the profiles to any folder you desire, but the program creates that folder regardless... a bit aggravating.
I am not sure if they also default moved the dot.page files there, if not they should be in "C:\ProgramData\aquasuite-data"

Dienstag, 29. Dezember 2020, 19:57

Update - I have checked both directories mentioned by InfoSeeker in the post above. The profiles directory in the documents folder is empty. I know I had 2 profiles configured, but have not changed them in quite some time. Most likely prior to version X.20. I have found dot.PAGE files in the C:\Program Files\aquasuite\Content\page directory and the C:\ProgramData\aquasuite-data directory. However, neither directory had any of my custom page files.

The ProgramData directory also had some Settings_.XML files that appear to be the settings for the virtual and software sensors I was hoping to save.