• 17.04.2024, 01:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Fitting sellection to enter a High Flow NEXT's IN port

Sonntag, 27. Dezember 2020, 05:32

I have two options available to connect the cooling loop to a High Flow NEXT.

1st: a sharp 90 with a straight run of about 24 mm after the 90
2nd: a sweeping 90 with a straight run of about 9 mm after the 90

Due to space limitations, I cannot add an extension to the sweeping 90.

I am hoping someone may have an opinion as to which of the two options would induce the least turbulence into the flow entering the High Flow NEXT.
The male end of the fittings would connect to the IN port of the Flow sensor.

Sonntag, 27. Dezember 2020, 16:23

Sweeping would be my choice based on my own experiences with the previous model.

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2020, 07:46

doesn't AC say you need 4" of straight tubing on either side of a flow sensor to be accurate? i guess the sweeping is going to be more accurate than the 90.

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2020, 23:58

having installed a few hundred Heat meters Sontex mainly, they need to be in 1 meter of Straight pipe for the flow sensor to work

on a smaller scale I've looked into cavitation and surging the general thumb is straight in straight out. longer the better what ever you can get as sweep or 90 or 30 or 45 simple doesn't cut it.

Freitag, 1. Januar 2021, 00:24

Thank you for comments, greatly appreciated.

In this world of compromises I may have a second option, and wonder if it would affect performance in accuracy and/or clatter.
The option in the first post has the sensor in a horizontal orientation, with the buttons up.
My other option places the sensor in a vertical orientation, with approx 100mm straight tube to/from the in/out ports.

Any thoughts as to which may give the better result?

Freitag, 1. Januar 2021, 16:09

Orientation can be either way. Important bit is straight pipe before and after. You can even go diagonal with the new one.

Dienstag, 12. Januar 2021, 23:15

100% agree with fitting Vertical isnt an issue as the meter uses the Volume of water passing not the weight of the water like an impeller does to turn vertical impellers are not a good idea.in water systems

Dienstag, 12. Januar 2021, 23:47

Heh, I think JasonMorris was taking a poke at me for asking a question when I had replied to a similar question earlier.

My question was a bit rhetorical, the introductory post states the following:

Zitat

A minimum operation noise is achieved by an optimally calibrated bearing play at each sensor. In addition, the new sensors can be operated in any mounting position. Furthermore, the direction of flow is still not specified - this ensures an easy installation in any system. The measuring system has also been extended in its measurement range and can now measure flows of 35-1000 l/h!

But now we are advised not to exceed 300l/h or risk noise, and the manual advises to install the High Flow Next with the 'button' up for best result.
Luckily, I am able to install vertically, with >100mm straight in & out of the sensor.
And even if I am able to achieve very high flow, I will set the ceiling at mid 200l/h max... no reason for more.

Samstag, 16. Januar 2021, 18:31

Hi,
I was definitely not poking you. Hope you get it sorted.

Sonntag, 17. Januar 2021, 07:00

Heh, I think JasonMorris was taking a poke at me for asking a question when I had replied to a similar question earlier.

My question was a bit rhetorical, the introductory post states the following:

Zitat

A minimum operation noise is achieved by an optimally calibrated bearing play at each sensor. In addition, the new sensors can be operated in any mounting position. Furthermore, the direction of flow is still not specified - this ensures an easy installation in any system. The measuring system has also been extended in its measurement range and can now measure flows of 35-1000 l/h!

But now we are advised not to exceed 300l/h or risk noise, and the manual advises to install the High Flow Next with the 'button' up for best result.
Luckily, I am able to install vertically, with >100mm straight in & out of the sensor.
And even if I am able to achieve very high flow, I will set the ceiling at mid 200l/h max... no reason for more.

Thought the spec sheet says 35 to 1000 L/Hr
Im running 600L/Hr as it just works better on my blocks. I'm leading in with a piece of 4 inch tubing with a long radius 90 then out with anout 8 inches with another long radius 90 about 4 inches down in the tube right before it turns into my CPU block and mounted horizontally with the buttons up so I can see it at a glance.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »JustinThyme« (17. Januar 2021, 07:03)