• 27.04.2024, 06:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Questions regarding combining Next & Octo. Temp, PWM & Usb 2.0.

Montag, 28. Dezember 2020, 09:58

I'm a bit new to the aquacomputer scene & hoping to find some clarity to combining the Next sensor & Octo.

First of all, regarding connecting them both to the motherboard. Both come with a slim 5 pin usb connector.
Does this mean I could connect both Octo & Next to the same 10 pin internal connector? Like top & bottom.
Or does this require two internal usb 2.0 connection to run both? Need to know if I need one/two usb headers.

Second, the Next comes with an internal temperature sensor, as well as a secondary optional sensor input.(?)
So the internal sensor should monitor the water temperature? And I can connect an extra sensor for ambient?

Third is regarding the octo & aquasuite. Will water temperature readings from the Next sensor work for PWM?
Meaning, can I use the aquasuite to tell the Octo PWM system to use the water temperature from the Next?
Or would I have to connect an additional in-line temp sensor through the octo for aquasuit to set fan speeds?

Any help & clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Newtones« (28. Dezember 2020, 10:05)

RE: Questions regarding combining Next & Octo. Temp, PWM & Usb 2.0.

Montag, 28. Dezember 2020, 13:24

I'm a bit new to the aquacomputer scene & hoping to find some clarity to combining the Next sensor & Octo.

First of all, regarding connecting them both to the motherboard. Both come with a slim 5 pin usb connector.
Does this mean I could connect both Octo & Next to the same 10 pin internal connector? Like top & bottom.
Or does this require two internal usb 2.0 connection to run both? Need to know if I need one/two usb headers.

You are able to insert both 5 pin USB connectors from the two devices into one motherboard 10/9 pin port.
Be sure to use the correct orientation.

Zitat

Second, the Next comes with an internal temperature sensor, as well as a secondary optional sensor input.(?)
So the internal sensor should monitor the water temperature? And I can connect an extra sensor for ambient?

Yes. the High Flow NEXT, has an internal temp sensor for the coolant, and a 2nd external sensor input.
Yes, you could use the external sensor input to monitor ambient temperature.
Both temps would be available to the OCTO.

Personally, I would monitor ambient on one of the four external temp ports on the OCTO.
The best use for the external temp sensor on the High Flow NEXT would be to monitor a 2nd location in the coolant loop.
The reasons for this is, if you place the High Flow Next on the entry/exit to the radiator, and an external sensor on the exit/entry, the High Flow NEXT can automatically calculate the heat dissipated by the radiator... a fun fact.

Zitat

Third is regarding the octo & aquasuite. Will water temperature readings from the Next sensor work for PWM?
Meaning, can I use the aquasuite to tell the Octo PWM system to use the water temperature from the Next?
Or would I have to connect an additional in-line temp sensor through the octo for aquasuit to set fan speeds?

Any help & clarification would be greatly appreciated.

The High Flow NEXT temp sensor WILL be available as a source for the fan controller curves on the OCTO.
You are able to freely import data from any device visible in the aquasuite, to any other device visible in the aquasuite, using Soft.Sensors.

Montag, 28. Dezember 2020, 19:15

Thank you for clarifying and for helping out!

Wish you happy holidays & happy new year!

Sonntag, 26. März 2023, 04:05

What about a cheaper one like this: https://www.amazon.com/Rocketek-Motherbo…79796284&sr=8-1
This one does not require a SATA cable, and gets power straight thru the USB 2.0 header. Is this gonna be an issue ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »baazaar13« (26. März 2023, 04:09)

Sonntag, 26. März 2023, 04:51

What about a cheaper one like this: https://www.amazon.com/Rocketek-Motherbo…79796284&sr=8-1
This one does not require a SATA cable, and gets power straight thru the USB 2.0 header. Is this gonna be an issue ?

The splitter in your link should work, with a couple caveats:
- With no external power supplied, be careful of the power draw you demand
- the connector that connects at the motherboard uses both 5-pin ports