• 25.04.2024, 22:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Extremely odd issue using Octo

Dienstag, 29. Dezember 2020, 07:00

I have an Octo running the latest firmware and I'm running the latest version of Aquasuite.

I'm experiencing an issue that I simply can't understand.

Octo fan port 1
Has a 2-way 4-pin fan splitter attached going to two identical fans. For whatever reason each of the two male ends have all 4 pins present and their RPM wire being sent to the female end. This isn't ideal.
Two identical fans are connected to the fan splitter. Each fan was tested individually and at 75% power runs at ~1,600 RPM. I tested each fan by running it solo on the splitter.

Octo fan port 2
Has a 2-way 4-pin fan splitter attached going to two identical fans. For whatever reason each of the two male ends have all 4 pins present and their RPM wire being sent to the female end. This isn't ideal.
Two identical fans are connected to the fan splitter. Each fan was tested individually and at 75% power runs at ~1,600 RPM. I tested each fan by running it solo on the splitter.

The issue
As you can see from the attached screenshots below Aquasuite shows a rock steady RPM signal from Octo fan port 1. This confuses me as I would not expect a rock steady RPM signal as the fan splitter on port 1 has both RPM lines active as explained above.

Octo fan port 2 in Aquasuite is showing bouncing RPM signals (look at the graph), which is what I expect from using a fan splitter which has both RPM lines active.

What confuses the hell out of me is that Aquasuite is showing different behavior between Octo fan port 1 and 2. I would expect Octo fan port 1 to show the same bouncing RPM signals unless the Octo somehow has some internal way of compensating for competing RPM signals - I find that unlikely.

Thank you.

Dienstag, 29. Dezember 2020, 07:09

Only connect 1 speed signal from 1 fan. Cut all other speed signals in your y cables. When you connect more than 1 speed with a y cable the speed signal is not working.

Dienstag, 29. Dezember 2020, 07:18

Only connect 1 speed signal from 1 fan. Cut all other speed signals in your y cables. When you connect more than 1 speed with a y cable the speed signal is not working.

Hi Sebastian. Yes, I agree - only one fan per splitter should have its RPM signals passed.

However, please re-read my post. I don't understand why Octo fan port 1 and fan port 2 are showing such vastly different graphs. Both graphs should show a fluxation, but only one does.

Thanks.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Psychor« (29. Dezember 2020, 07:20)

Dienstag, 29. Dezember 2020, 08:56

Swap the cables of port 1 and 2 on the OCTO. Does the error move with it?