• 18.04.2024, 04:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Quadro supply voltage not in range error, no fan output

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2020, 22:49

The subject notes only the *most recent* of a host of ongoing bugs with my Aquacomputer setup. Twice now my fans have dropped to zero output and water temp has caused an alarm. The first time was unattended and nearly disastrous. Most recently I was able to shut the system down. On most recent startup, the fans run 100% as expected, until the aquasuite (x.31) starts. In Aquasuite, the quadro notes "Alarm: Supply voltage not in range, fan output deactivated." This is a random error that cropped up on a system that's been working for months. My setup is Corsair AX1500i -> sata power -> quadro -> splitty4 in each of 2 fan channels -> 8 total 120mm pwm fans.

Adding insult to injury, I have logging all checked to "on" under aquasuite->settings->Eventlog, but this has *never* written a logfile. So, for roughly $1000 USD, I have an integrated Aquacomputer system with:

• 1 farbwerk 360, works normally
  • 1 D5 next pump, loses connection to virtual software sensor regularly (so just runs at 100% instead of a curve based on the higher 10s average of CPU & GPU temp)
  • 1 quadro throwing a (assuming misleading) error and disabling my fans (no failsafe is kicking in.)
  • 2 farbwerk nano externals, recognized by windows, unrecognizable by aquasuite and never have worked
  • cpu & gpu blocks that at least have working LED :S
  • No logging whatsoever

I'm puzzled as to why the fans will run at 100% on startup but then become disabled once aquasuite comes online...

Thanks for any help,
Matt

Samstag, 9. Januar 2021, 00:27

Adding some more info in here, which I've also been emailing to Aquacomputer for 3 days without any response.

The quadro will register VCC in the Data quick view never higher than 8.5v, and typically hovering (as it is right now between 6.5 and 7.5. A known good multimeter indicates 12.3VDC consistently attached to an open connector on the SATA power cable driving this quadro and farbwerk 360. Behavior of the fans is seemingly random. On occasion, once the quadro comes online during startup, fans will be disabled (prior to OS start.) Other times, it'll run for several minutes, sometimes hours. Inevitably, the "Supply voltage not in range" error crops up and fans are disabled, necessitating a shutdown so the coolant can come back down to ambient temp.

Samstag, 9. Januar 2021, 17:59

Have you tried other cables/molex connectors from your PSU?
As for your D5 NEXT's problem, typically it is enough to make sure that your Windows power plan do not allow to disable USB connections. When your pump loses software sensor, most likely its because it is losing USB connection.

Also there are known USB problems on AM4 platform (seen messages with problems on X470 and X570) due to AMD USB drivers.

Montag, 11. Januar 2021, 16:42

Try the X32 aquasuite.
This version has several bug fixes and updates.

Montag, 11. Januar 2021, 21:19

Have you tried other cables/molex connectors from your PSU?
As for your D5 NEXT's problem, typically it is enough to make sure that your Windows power plan do not allow to disable USB connections. When your pump loses software sensor, most likely its because it is losing USB connection.

Also there are known USB problems on AM4 platform (seen messages with problems on X470 and X570) due to AMD USB drivers.
I have tried a different cable & molex connector, that was my first guess, without any change in behavior. As to the AMD, I'll look at those messages. I'm using the TRX40 platform, but the point is well taken, thank you for pointing that out, I wasn't aware. It's odd that out of a large array of USB devices, only the Aquacomputer ones have issues, and it's several Aquacomputer devices that have consistent problems.

Sebastian, I'd love to update to x.32, but according to the download and to the Aquasuite update screen, x.31 is the latest it's aware of (I've got insider versions checked.)

Dienstag, 12. Januar 2021, 03:59

snip

Sebastian, I'd love to update to x.32, but according to the download and to the Aquasuite update screen, x.31 is the latest it's aware of (I've got insider versions checked.)

Version status

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (12. Januar 2021, 04:00)

Dienstag, 12. Januar 2021, 16:38

So, with a fresh upgrade to X.33, and the required firmware updates to my devices successfully completed, the system ran for about an hour this morning before again indicating a supply voltage error with the Quadro and disabling fan output, causing an overheat and necessitating a shutdown. I've tried multiple SATA connectors and different SATA/Molex cables.

My next test will be to see if there's a correlation with water temp as reported from the D5 Next. If I shutdown and immediately restart, the quadro throws the error almost immediately. If the system sits for a period of time, it will work for a while before the quadro fails. This would all be much more informative if logging worked :)