• 28.04.2024, 01:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

turgin

Aquasuite X.31 desktop mode

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2021, 03:51

I'm trying to use Aquasuite in desktop mode on a 7" display but when I select desktop mode it always displays the page on my primary monitor. I'd rather not have the little 7" be my primary display. I've tried moving Aquasuite to the desired monitor but it always still displays desktop more on the primary. Is it possible to choose which monitor the desktop mode uses?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »turgin« (5. Januar 2021, 04:34)

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2021, 07:11

You can place the overlay exactly where you want it.
Activate the desktop mode and the lock at the desired overview page, now your entire desktop should be displayed in the Aquasuite. Move with the scrollbars to your overlay, mark all elements with the mouse and move them to the small monitor.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2021, 11:50

That's not a reliable solution. It will only work if the resolution does not change on the primary monitor. In a real world there is a significant chance that one might use a different resolution when playing a certain game - let's say, and at that point all the hard work of setting up a desktop mode display goes down the drain. Usually this happens on the more demanding applications for which you need to drop the resolution ion order to achieve decent framerates.... which are actually the more important situations where you would want to monitor things :)

I did actually spent days to set up different desktops for different resolutions and automate changing them via global profiles, based on what application is running. While achievable, it is incredibly time consuming and fragile. Having proper multimonitor support would solve all this hassle, and will definitely motivate people to run aquasuite for monitoring purposes on small monitors as their primary solution.

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2021, 12:06

That's not a reliable solution. It will only work if the resolution does not change on the primary monitor. In a real world there is a significant chance that one might use a different resolution when playing a certain game - let's say, and at that point all the hard work of setting up a desktop mode display goes down the drain. Usually this happens on the more demanding applications for which you need to drop the resolution ion order to achieve decent framerates.... which are actually the more important situations where you would want to monitor things :)

I did actually spent days to set up different desktops for different resolutions and automate changing them via global profiles, based on what application is running. While achievable, it is incredibly time consuming and fragile. Having proper multimonitor support would solve all this hassle, and will definitely motivate people to run aquasuite for monitoring purposes on small monitors as their primary solution.
I use 3 monitors with 3 different resolutions, I play in 1440p and haven't had any problems yet. If a game is in the wrong resolution at the first start, everything is back in the right place after correcting the resolution.
Your use case is probably more likely with too small graphics card or too high monitor resolution.

The problem of the changing resolution is not due to Aquasuite, but to the more than poor implementation in Windows.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2021, 12:54

You cant even run excel in different monitor and expect it to stay there if you change other monitor resolution. So Aquasuite should be able to?

With today's LCD's you take massive hit in image quality if don't run it with monitors native resolution. I think lowering graphics settings delivers better image quality than lowering resolution.

turgin

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2021, 15:12

You can place the overlay exactly where you want it.
Activate the desktop mode and the lock at the desired overview page, now your entire desktop should be displayed in the Aquasuite. Move with the scrollbars to your overlay, mark all elements with the mouse and move them to the small monitor.
I will try that, thanks.
You cant even run excel in different monitor and expect it to stay there if you change other monitor resolution. So Aquasuite should be able to?

With today's LCD's you take massive hit in image quality if don't run it with monitors native resolution. I think lowering graphics settings delivers better image quality than lowering resolution.
Well, I am able to place an Aida64 Sensor Panel window exactly where I want it and lock it into position so I know its possible but I'd prefer to use Aquasuite if I can. I do run native resolutions on all three monitors.