• 16.04.2024, 08:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

OCTO Sensor Port and Alarms

Donnerstag, 14. Januar 2021, 01:15

I'd like to see how to auto shutdown my PC using the OCTO.

Looking at the software I see a few options including "power switch" and "signal speed".
From the manual:
5.9. Connector “signal” 5.9. Connector “signal”
The signal output can be connected to the power switch header of the motherboard using an additional specialized cable (53216, not included in delivery).
Pin assignment: Pin 1: open drain max 3.3 V / 5 mA
Pin 2: do not connect!
Pin 3: open drain max 3.3 V / 5 mA

12.1. Signal output configuration 12.1. Signal output configuration
The signal header can be configured as a speed signal output or as a switching
output.
Option “Power switch (53216)”: This mode can be used for emergency shutdown
of the PC, if the “signal” header is connected to the power switch header of the
motherboard using a suitable cable (art. 53216). Before connecting the cable,
make sure the signal output is configured correctly! After connecting the cable, test
the setup by deliberately creating an alarm condition. If the PC is not shut down,
the cable header connected to the motherboard must be rotated by 180 degrees
and the test has to be repeated. Emergency shutdown may result in data loss as
operating system and running programs are not shut down properly!

If I'm reading the above correctly it basically indicates that you can connect cable 53216 as a passthrough for your motherboard power button and then when an alarm is triggered you can force a shutdown/press the power button.
The above covers the power switch scenario well - how does the "signal speed" side work?

Sonntag, 25. April 2021, 22:42

I was wondering the same thing. I posted here awhile back but never got an answer. May try again. Did you ever figure this out?