• 16.04.2024, 16:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

OCTO prevents monitor timeout and sleep

Donnerstag, 14. Januar 2021, 20:25

I just installed my new OCTO and have enjoyed playing around with all of the various settings and such through Aquasuite. However, I have run into an issue where despite whatever power settings I use, my monitor will not turn off, nor will the computer sleep. Looking around, I have found that this is often due to an interaction with a USB device, and after unplugging the OCTO's USB connector, the sleep and display power options started working again as expected.

Unfortunately, doing that keeps me from using any software controlled sensors in the Aquasuite, which kind of defeats the purpose of the controller for me. I have done the standard set of fixes, including turning the USB Selective Suspend on/off (no help in either setting), using powercfg to look for any possible wake timer or other wake request, etc. I am just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue before, and if there are any known workarounds. Thank you!

Freitag, 15. Januar 2021, 11:08

A tentative update after fighting with this for a while. Did some spring cleaning and removed any cruft in the OS I could find, reseated the USB cable (just in case), and gave all the components a pep talk for good measure.

In the end though, it appears that (at least hopefully) a BIOS update may have sorted this out. Oddly the patch notes didn't say anything about USB or display updates, but regardless it appears my monitor is properly timing out on its own again according to the power plan. Now to fiddle with all of the fan/sensor settings on the OCTO some more...

Mittwoch, 20. Oktober 2021, 10:45

I seem to have same issue, BIOS update hasn't changed the behavior. It's still preventing computer from sleeping and also causes display not turn off. The screen is configured to go to sleep in 1min but it never does after I installed OCTO. If I unplug the OCTO from internal USB, display and computer go to sleep without any issues. I've also reseated the internal USB connector couple of times to make sure it wasn't having contact issues or anything like that.

I'm using Windows 11 but the same behavior was present with Windows 10 as well. Motherboard is ASUS X570-I Strix.

Would anyone have an idea what to do with it?

Donnerstag, 21. Oktober 2021, 16:42

Might have something to do with USB selective suspend settings in Windows and/or the USB settings in Device manager (go to device manager, right click on the correct USB controller for your OCTO, then click Properties and when the properties window show the rightmost tab should say something like power management) Worth a try to check it:)

Mittwoch, 3. November 2021, 05:43

I was experiencing the same issue with an Aquaero 5 LT, however after noticing that the display would turn off correctly due to inactivity (when set to 1min timeout), but wake again around 2 mins after boot I checked windows event viewer and saw that Alienware Command Suite was modifying the active power plan. Only after disconnecting the USB cable from my Alienware AW3821DW monitor and completely uninstalling Alienware Command Suite was I able to fix the issue. I'm still perplexed why simply disconnecting the Aquaero USB cable would also resolve this issue.

I'm yet to try re-connecting the Dell monitor USB cable or re-installing the Alienware Command Suite again, but for now it's resolved.

Sonntag, 21. November 2021, 07:36

I joined just to say I too have a computer that now won’t turn off the monitor and won’t sleep immediately after installation of Quadro and aquasuite. I sure hope the devs fix this - I don’t want to unplug the usb and lose data and soft sensor control of my loop fans. I’ll just return this and buy a Corsair that works if they can’t fix it.

Sonntag, 21. November 2021, 07:50

I just got done trying all the suggested fixes with no success except for totally unplugging the usb connection into the quadro. This renders all of the advantages of the quadro and aquasuite as useless for me.

Devs, please fix this so I don't have to return a broken product.