• 19.04.2024, 04:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Help tracking down an RGB short

Sonntag, 17. Januar 2021, 23:56

I am trying to track down a short circuit in the RGB on one of my loops and could use some help.

The LEDs are supposed to be powered by a Farbwerk 360 but it tells me that there is a short somewhere. The chain is:
Farbwerk 360 -> Splitty4(1) -> Splitty4(2) -> Splitty4(3) -> Splitty4(4)

Each Splitty4 has 4 Corsair ML120 RGB fans attached, for a total of 64 LEDs.

I have been probing with my multimeter and have not gotten the results that I was expecting. When I check the resistance between + and - on each Splitty4, I get an open connection. This is what I expected. When I connect the fans, each one has a resistance of 16.6kohm and the resistance goes down exactly like it should when adding resistors in parallel.

I checked all of the cables and none of them have any pins shorted.

Where else should I be looking to find the short?

Montag, 18. Januar 2021, 05:04

Nevermind. I fixed it. I had accidentally swapped the Out and In on the first Splitty4 in the chain.