• 16.04.2024, 08:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Replacement of high flow NEXT / 2 / LT sensors with excessive operating noise

Dienstag, 19. Januar 2021, 17:56

Today in an intensive quality control we found a problem in the production at a small number of high flow NEXT / 2 / LT sensors. When the magnets were pressed into the turbine, an incorrect pressing tool was used on some turbines. This leads to incorrect centering of the shaft and can cause noise due to tumbling of the rotor.

If you notice disturbing noises from your sensor at a flow rate of less than 200l/h (0.9 gal/min), please contact our Support.

Write an e-mail with the subject line "Replacement high flow sensor" to info@aqua-computer.de and include the following data:
  • Complete postal address incl. phone number
  • Invoice copy of the sensor
  • Serial number* in case of a high flow NEXT sensor
(*The serial number can be found within the aquasuite software in the system tab of the sensor)

We will replace the affected sensors afterwards.

The error affects only a few of the sensors produced from November. Noises at higher flow rates are normal and no reason for replacement. Also, an audible noise is basically normal in close proximity to the sensor.

The noise of the high flow NEXT / 2 / LT series is quieter than the known high flow sensors. Should the noise be higher in your case, please also arrange for a replacement.

We want to ensure total customer satisfaction with this product and apologize to affected customers for the inconvenience.

Due to a generally high workload and a high volume of requests to our support, processing will take longer than normal. Also the exchange will not be possible immediately. Therefore, the exchange may take a few weeks. The old sensor has to be returned only after receiving the new one. More information on how to return the sensor will be sent to you by email. The shipping costs will be covered by us. We allow 3 months time to return the faulty sensor.

ATTENTION: The offer to exchange affected sensors in advance ends on April 15th 2021. After this date, a regular complaint is required, which usually involves a direct return to your dealer or us.

Dienstag, 19. Januar 2021, 19:50

Is there a way to determine (physical inspection) if there is an issue with a flow next that has not been installed yet?

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2021, 03:33

Is there a specific series of serial numbers that we need to look for?
Asus Maximus Z790 Apex, Intel 13900KS, Asus 4090 Strix, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, Asus ROG XG349C, EKWB Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 and VTX 160, Corsair AX1600i, Asus Claymore 2, Asus ROG Gladius III, Samsung 990

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2021, 09:50

Is there a way to determine (physical inspection) if there is an issue with a flow next that has not been installed yet?

You need to disassemble the sensor and check the bearing pin on top of the turbine. If it is crushed your sensor is affected.

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2021, 13:57

You need to disassemble the sensor and check the bearing pin on top of the turbine. If it is crushed your sensor is affected.

That looks like Torx screws... 1.5mm? I need to buy.
Any hints in disassembly/reassembly that will decrease the chance of failure?

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2021, 14:43

We can send you a video - please send us a mail.

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2021, 22:56

What size are the Torx screws, T3, T4, T5?

EDIT 2021.01.26: I purchased a Torx set from T3 to T10... the Torx screws on the High Flow NEXT fit T7 in my set.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (26. Januar 2021, 17:41)

Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2021, 01:53

Is there a particular serial number that is affected?
Asus Maximus Z790 Apex, Intel 13900KS, Asus 4090 Strix, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, Asus ROG XG349C, EKWB Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 and VTX 160, Corsair AX1600i, Asus Claymore 2, Asus ROG Gladius III, Samsung 990

torexko

Dienstag, 26. Januar 2021, 16:22

That is a very good question, I would like to know that as well.

The 4 Torx screws on the bottom are T7.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »torexko« (26. Januar 2021, 17:29)

Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2021, 10:56

That is a very good question, I would like to know that as well.

The 4 Torx screws on the bottom are T7.

Yes, this exact question needs to be answered for us customers to be aware of.

@Stephan
Could you kindly share per individual (i.e. for High Flow NEXT, High Flow 2 & High Flow LT units) product / SKU the range of Serial or batch numbers which we as customers can identify without opening/dismantling our units?

I am worried that if the damage has already been done by both a manufacturing defect to my new High Flow LT unit and the recent X.35 aquasuite update and accompanying Quadro firmware update.

I am still waiting for more parts by end of this week (hopefully) to fill up my custom loop - so that there is no question of “less coolant flow” or “less powerful pump” etc. excuses.

Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2021, 13:42

This issue happend really rare. We can not match it with serial numbers. But we can say that it happend at much less than at 5% of the high flow NEXT sensors.

Sonntag, 7. Februar 2021, 19:48

Just added a Next Flow sensor into my loop and is does have an annoying clicking noise over about 120 litres an hour. Is this the excessive noise and I should seek a replacement?

bojer

Montag, 8. Februar 2021, 20:29

same here.

High speed sound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0osYYKcLYs

Low speed sound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7u4pm5FgTM

On low speed is still louder like all other stuff in case :thumbdown: that click noise is annoying.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bojer« (8. Februar 2021, 20:36)

Dienstag, 9. Februar 2021, 07:17

I just installed a Highflow flow sensor ( 53068 ) ( https://www.aquatuning.fi/vesijaeaehdyty…and-poweradjust). And this too makes a clicking sound.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kuminauha« (9. Februar 2021, 07:22)

bojer

Dienstag, 9. Februar 2021, 07:34

I just installed a Highflow flow sensor ( 53068 ) ( https://www.aquatuning.fi/vesijaeaehdyty…and-poweradjust). And this too makes a clicking sound.
This is problem if you install FLOW SENSOR verticaly. If don't want any nosie from this sensor you must install him horizontaly.

Dienstag, 9. Februar 2021, 08:32

It's mounted horizontaly

bojer

Dienstag, 9. Februar 2021, 11:10

AquaComputer logo must lead on top ;)