• 16.04.2024, 11:00
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

AQUA OCTO Bricked? USB Device Not Recognized

Freitag, 22. Januar 2021, 14:21

Hi. With the new AquaSuite Version x.35, I was prompted to update my firmware and first remove all fans from it, so I shut down my PC and I removed all the fans.

When I started up the PC again, my OCTO is no longer recognized by AquaSuite. Plugging the fans back in does not work - all the fan headers are not functioning.

I tried uninstalling AquaSuite to reinstall it, but now I cannot even reinstall it because the installer cannot detect the device.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO V2
CPU: 5900X

Things I have tried:

• Reinstall AMD Chipset Drivers (to ensure that there's no USB driver problems)
  • Try all different orientations of the internal USB plug in both of my internal USB headers.
  • Trying different MOLEX connectors on my PSU cable (it has a chain of 4-5 MOLEX connectors)
  • Removing the AquaSuite from the PC for a day.
  • Replugged the USB header on the OCTO device itself.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Azortharion« (22. Januar 2021, 14:32)

Samstag, 23. Januar 2021, 17:08

Same happened to mine- assumed it had fused

Sonntag, 24. Januar 2021, 15:10

Did you ever have a solution or find any ideas? Delivery on new one is 30-60 days..

Sonntag, 24. Januar 2021, 17:34

Did you ever have a solution or find any ideas? Delivery on new one is 30-60 days..

Please note:
Due to a high volume of inquiries, it currently takes up to two weeks to respond to e-mails.

support@aqua-computer.de

Montag, 25. Januar 2021, 02:52

Yep, I sent an email in a few days ago. No reply. That is why I am here. :)

Montag, 25. Januar 2021, 05:12

I have never not received a reply from customer service at aquacomputer.
They are very busy atm recovering from a couple of issues.
The notice about 'up to two weeks to respond to emails'' was snipped off their support page tab above.

They will get back to you.

Montag, 25. Januar 2021, 15:45

I never doubted that they are gonna get back to me eventually.

Even so I thought it appropriate to consult the forum to see if someone could help with the issue.

Dienstag, 2. Februar 2021, 17:22

Aqua got back to me and offered to send a new unit, in case anyone else finds this thread. I never found a fix. They specifically said I could not possibly fix the controller board myself, so that's what I presume went wrong.

Montag, 8. Februar 2021, 21:50

Sorry I’ve only just seen this- I’ve just tried the Octo on a third PC and it seems to work apart from if I connect a fan to #3 it will only run at 100% only

Donnerstag, 11. Februar 2021, 03:13

Had it happen to me during software update and wasn't even prompted to unplug anything Just updated the software and it bricked.
Be prepared with your proof of purchase etc. They were actually quick to respond to me. I didnt use contact us, I opened an RMA ticket.
I got the automated response then a real response and they shipped out a new one the next day and had it in the US in two days.
Mine happened on X23 I think, thats since been pulled.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »JustinThyme« (11. Februar 2021, 03:15)