• 16.04.2024, 23:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

OCTO not reading temp sensor values from system

Samstag, 23. Januar 2021, 23:53

After the recent firmware update, my OCTO is unable to read the values imported from system sensors.
I did see the one or two similar messages on the German forum about this exact same issue; but it looks like they got to the point it was solved in X.35 and OCTO 1010. Not fixed for me!

For instance, I have one Soft. Sensor set up to read the GPU Core temperature from my graphics card, via the Aqua Computer service.
When I select that input, the interface shows me the realtime values for that temperature and many others in the Hardware Interface.
However once I select it and click on the checkmark to accept it, the value does not show up in the settings panel for the Soft. Sensor in the OCTO setup.
It accepts the name of the imported sensor (GPU Core), so it is definitely interfacing with the service on some level.

Obviously without OCTO getting the actual values from the service, and showing blank (3 hyphens) for the realtime temperature, it cannot properly control my LEDs using that temperature.
Luckily, I'm only using this Soft. Sensor in OCTO to control the LEDs on the graphics card's waterblock, for a visual feedback as to how hot it's getting. Lucky it's not controlling fans.

Everything else in OCTO, in terms of setting any desired effects like blinking or sequencing for some LEDs, is working fine.
Note that I have OCTO controlling two fans, At the last couple of firmware upgrades, I didn't notice any warning telling me to disconnect those fans; so they were running continuously.
Could that have affected how the firmware upgrade was done?

I'm on AquaSuite X.35 and OCTO firmware 1010.
I don't have any other sensors plugged in to the OCTO; just the one software sensor set up.
And the two fans are controlled via the Aquaero, using the Aquabus.

My OCTO is always connected to a USB port, by the way.

Samstag, 23. Januar 2021, 23:58

I should add that the AquaSuite interface, in terms of aquaero and the overview page display, are reading the GPU Core temperature via the service just fine, as well as several other parameters I've set them to monitor.

So it doesn't seem to be any issue with my service nor AquaSuite's ability to read those realtime temperatures.

It's just OCTO's inability to input valid numbers from the service interface.