• 19.04.2024, 05:44
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

HUBBY7 internal USB 2.0 Hub + multiple farbwerk nano (internal) /Questions about the joint operation of these devices.

Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2021, 14:32

Hi
I want to illuminate the case a bit...

This hub caught my eye -> HUBBY7 internal USB 2.0 Hub And these are the sets... farbwerk nano (internal) of course, additionally, LED strips.

1. How much LED strips can I connect under ONE farbwerk nano?
a) 30 addressable LEDs
b) 15 addressable LEDs

2. How much farbwerk nano can I connect under HUBBY7 internal USB 2.0 Hub?

Thank you for your answer.

Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2021, 23:52

1. According to the farbwerk nano product page you linked, you can run up to 90 aRGBs with one farbwerk nano.

2. This depends on the current draw of the LEDs, and how you setup the hubby7:
  • the USB port provides 500ma to the hubby7, so that would be the limit
  • adding a SATA power connection, and setting the jumper to SATA power increases power to 1000ma
If you plan to use multiple farbwerk nanos in your case, it makes more sense to get a farbwerk 360 which will do 4 strings of 90 aRGBs, at a much reduced cost.

Freitag, 29. Januar 2021, 07:16

Interesting but that's not it. Besides, HUBBY7 gives me more internal USB.

I will definitely use an external power source. I don't like MOLEX plugs, I want to get rid of them. And NANO gives you such an opportunity.
It is a pity that the Farbwerk 360 does not have a newer version with a SATA plug.

1. So if I have a NANO controller + HUBBY7 (SATA power), how many LED strips (how many diodes will there be - 90? les?) will I be able to connect?
2. If these 90 diodes are spread over 2 or 4 NANO, it will be better and they will all be connected to HUBBY7?

Freitag, 29. Januar 2021, 16:53

It is a pity that the Farbwerk 360 does not have a newer version with a SATA plug.
The SATA connector does not have the capacity to supply enough power.
Only this "old" connector is able to supply enough current on the 5V line.
This is the reason why many other devices still use exactly this connector. There is simply no alternative yet.

Samstag, 6. Februar 2021, 07:13

I understand.

So how many farbwerk nano devices can I connect when powered by SATA, assuming that each of them has 3 LED strips?
Will I be able to connect 2 nano devices?
In total, it will be 6 LED strips

or

1 nano farbwerk (external) + 6 LED strips can he handle it?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Marucins« (7. Februar 2021, 17:41)