• 26.04.2024, 08:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 5LT Fan and sensor problem

Samstag, 30. Januar 2021, 21:12

Hello all,
I'm a first time user of this controller and I'm pulling my hair out here.
I have 5 Velocity fans non pwm, 2 fan going to connector 1, 2 fans gonig to connector 2 and a single fan going to fan connector 3.
The fans start off nice and quite, but the electronic temp data for fans 1 and 2 in the fan setting tab goes really high 90+C, the fans then ramp up to full speed, I then get the warning electronic temperature high.

Fan connector 1 & 2 are drawing 0.13A and 3 is drawing 0.07A.
When the error comes up the current draw is 0.46A for connectors 1 & 2, fan connector 3 never changes.
I also in the sensors tab the temperature sensors only show fan amplifier 1-4 and no other options. Is this right?
I've attached some screen shots of the issues.
The 5LT was purchased 2nd hand.
Regards,
Martin
»mrh2019« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • fan pic.png
  • sensor.png

Sonntag, 31. Januar 2021, 00:19

The Aquaero 5 is using linear voltage regulators.
The lower the fan voltage, the higher becomes the electronics temperature (=voltage regulator temperature).
To prevent damage to the Aquaero, the Fans are set to 12V to give less strain to the voltage regulators, so they can cool down.

There are two options:
- Increase the voltage for the Fans. The higher the Voltage, the lower is the electronics temperature. Running the fans at 8V is better than running them at 5V.
- Or to cool the Aquaero 5.

Place the Aquaero near a fan, so it get cooled with the air flow.
If that is not enough, you can buy a passive cooler ( https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=2692 )
or a water cooling block ( https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=2671 ).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (31. Januar 2021, 00:29)

Sonntag, 31. Januar 2021, 00:58

Thank you for the quick reply.
Runniing the fans at 8.5V I'm still getting a electronic temp of 85 degC

It's not in a large case and can't really relocate it close to a fan, does the passive cooler make the bigger difference?

Would the Aquaero 6LT work better in this situation then the 5LT
Regards,
Martin

Sonntag, 31. Januar 2021, 15:20

does the passive cooler make the bigger difference?
I dont know.

Would the Aquaero 6LT work better in this situation then the 5LT
Yes, the Aquaero 6 has switching voltage regulators. These create less heat than the linear voltage regulators, so the temperature problem is a lot better.
You still need some airflow for the Aquaero 6. If you put the Aquaero 6 in a closed box, it will overheat, too.