• 16.04.2024, 14:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Noob needs help

Montag, 1. Februar 2021, 00:39

Heads up... total AC noob (but not to water cooling). I am considering moving my current loop to AC but rather confused on what I need/want. Any help is appreciated.

Current loop:
  • Single Pump: Considering the EKWB VTX or new D5 (but open to AC if I can understand advantages with aquabus/aquasuite).
  • Blocks: CPU and GPU EKWB
  • Rads: 2x 360 rads (EKWB)
  • 9 Corsair QL 120 Fans
  • Lian li o11d Case
  • Note: plan on keeping ICue for RGB control... but would love single software. How good/mature is RGBpx? I tend to use mostly for triggering themes with games, razer and Hue lights.
My considerations and confusion:
  • Aquaero 6 LT versus other versions (think its mostly about the screen and remote neither of which matter to me) OR Octo 8
  • Do I need a Splitty for my QL120? (worried about the power draw since QL can be up to ~13v per Corsair)
  • How to handle temp sensors? Would like at least 4 sensors (start of loop water, end of loop water, in-case temp, and ambient).
  • Flow sensor.. which one and would that serve as a temp sensor as well?
  • Would like to have audible alarm and/or PC self shutdown "capabilities" but unsure what cables are relevant.
  • AND how does it all come together (physically with all the different connectors).
Again...TY u in advance! :thumbsup:

Montag, 1. Februar 2021, 19:04

How good/mature is RGBpx?
RGBpx only works with devices from Aquacomputer. It is not possible to control or sync other devices like razer or Hue.

Zitat

How to handle temp sensors?
You can connect 8 Temp sensors to the Aquaero, or 4 Temp Sensors to the OCTO.

Zitat

Would like to have audible alarm and/or PC self shutdown "capabilities" but unsure what cables are relevant.
You need an Aquaero for audible alarm.
There are two ways to shutdown your computer.
Software shutdown = the Aquasuite Software tells Windows Operating System to shutdown. This is a regular shutdown and takes a few seconds.
Hardware shutdown = the Power Supply will stop providing power to the Motherboard, so your Computer turns off instantly. All unsaved data will be lost.
The Aquaero can both, software shutdown and hardware shutdown. The OCTO can only use the software shutdown.

For the Hardware Shutdown, you need this cable and this connector and the Aquaero.
The Software Shutdown works with an USB connection between the Aquaero / Octo and the Motherboard

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (1. Februar 2021, 19:15)

RE: Noob needs help

Montag, 1. Februar 2021, 22:41

Heads up... total AC noob (but not to water cooling). I am considering moving my current loop to AC but rather confused on what I need/want. Any help is appreciated.

Current loop:
  • Single Pump: Considering the EKWB VTX or new D5 (but open to AC if I can understand advantages with aquabus/aquasuite).
  • Blocks: CPU and GPU EKWB
  • Rads: 2x 360 rads (EKWB)
  • 9 Corsair QL 120 Fans
  • Lian li o11d Case
  • Note: plan on keeping ICue for RGB control... but would love single software. How good/mature is RGBpx? I tend to use mostly for triggering themes with games, razer and Hue lights.
My considerations and confusion:
  • Aquaero 6 LT versus other versions (think its mostly about the screen and remote neither of which matter to me) OR Octo 8
  • Do I need a Splitty for my QL120? (worried about the power draw since QL can be up to ~13v per Corsair)
  • How to handle temp sensors? Would like at least 4 sensors (start of loop water, end of loop water, in-case temp, and ambient).
  • Flow sensor.. which one and would that serve as a temp sensor as well?
  • Would like to have audible alarm and/or PC self shutdown "capabilities" but unsure what cables are relevant.
  • AND how does it all come together (physically with all the different connectors).
Again...TY u in advance! :thumbsup:

Were it my machine, following is what I would do:
OCTO + High Flow Next instead of aquaero
  • OCTO for fan control and RGBpx (case lighting)
  • High Flow Next provides flow rate, coolant temperature sensor & audible alarm
  • place High Flow Next at enter/exit of radiator
  • place temp sensor at exit/enter of radiator, connected to High Flow NEXT temperature port
  • connect two temperature probes (case/ambient} to the OCTO
  • connect both OCTO & High Flow NEXT to USB ports (use HUBBY7 if needed)
  • connect a Molex 4-pin power connector to the OCTO (12V+5V)
  • use software shutdown mentioned by @Hufeisen

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (1. Februar 2021, 22:43)

Dienstag, 2. Februar 2021, 03:25

Zitat

RGBpx only works with devices from Aquacomputer. It is not possible to control or sync other devices like razer or Hue.

It is possible to control some other devices through Aquasuite. AquaComputer do adapters from RGBpx to standard 3-pin ARGB. I've seen EKWB, CableMod, Lian-Li and Alphacool productsall working seamlessly under Aquasuite.
Single Pump: Considering the EKWB VTX or new D5 (but open to AC if I can understand advantages with aquabus/aquasuite).

The D5 NEXT pump can do a good amount of what an Aquaero can do, albeit on a smaller scale, such as...
  • It has built in flow monitoring, which I understand to be pretty accurate.
  • It can handle fan control up to 25w.
  • It has a water temperature sensor built in, which is also pretty accurate.
  • It has alarms for flow, water temp and fan speeds.
  • It can run up to 90 RGBpx LEDs.

I'll be honest, I bought it primarily for the funky screen and monitoring capabilities, but all the above and other features were just insanely good extras that I couldn't now live without!

Sonntag, 21. Februar 2021, 18:05

Thank you all for your help... just starting my setup.

Ended up with Aquaero, hubby 7 and (splurged) for the D5 Next. All going great so far.

Question: is there a way to have the Overview page Desktop assigned to specific monitor location?

UPDATE: Scratch my question but maybe help full to others... apparently "Desktop" aggregates all monitors (I have several) into one large "canvas". So, need to select each (or all) elements and find the location of the screen needed to be placed in.

Thanks
:thumbsup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »TuftyBruno« (21. Februar 2021, 18:56)