• 18.04.2024, 08:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

D5 Next - flow rate 0

Sonntag, 7. Februar 2021, 03:41

Hey everyone,

I just installed my new D5 Next pump. The aquasuite X.36 software shows all info coming from the pump's USB except for flow. When I calibrate the pump, it shows something around 112 l/h, then slowly drops off until it hits about 90ish, then drops to 0. There is definitely water flow, I can see it in the GPU water block, but the software reads 0. If I perform another calibration, the results are similar. It shows over 100 l/h for a while, starts dropping and within 30 seconds it's back at 0.

Does anyone have ideas on how to resolve this? The pump firmware is up to date. When installing I checked the "insider build" option (or whatever the thing said), it downloaded and installed it fine.

I know the flow rate is a calculation rather than a real physical measurement of flow, but what's with the strange behavior? Pump RPM is steady, water temp is steady... I'm at a loss.

Thanks.

Montag, 8. Februar 2021, 08:06

I had a similar issue with a MPS400. Through shear luck after topping up my system I left the res screw out and found it sorted the problem. Not sure how the D5 calculates flow but if it's anything like the MPS units I had to fit This and it's worked fine ever since.
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Montag, 8. Februar 2021, 08:27

No, D5 NEXT calculates flow basing on pump's rpm and power draw. MPS is differential pressure sensor, not only a calculator, but D5 NEXT virtual sensor is a calculator.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »k2viper« (8. Februar 2021, 08:28)

Montag, 8. Februar 2021, 12:53

1. Are you using DP Ultra coolant?
2. Have you calibrated the virtual flow sensor?

Montag, 8. Februar 2021, 16:01

1. No, I don't have access to that here. I'm using Swiftech HydrX. It's all I have on-hand.
2. Yes I have.

There have been new developments since I posted this. The flow meter works correctly under these conditions:
a) I have the pump RPM set at 80% to 90%.
b) The coolant temperature is at least 33 C.

If the coolant temp drops (because the room temperature has dropped and cooling is more efficient) then the flow rate starts cutting out. It'll show correctly, then drop to 0, then after a while it will display again, then drop to 0.

Is there a connection between coolant temperature and the reported flow rate?

Also, why does the flow rate show 0 when the pump RPM is at more than 90%? If I set to 90% or 100%, it shows flow rate of 0.

Montag, 8. Februar 2021, 17:07

Once I start getting close to 33 C, this is what I start seeing:
(see attachment)
»InfiniteImp« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • Flow failure.JPG (112,73 kB - 147 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 25. März 2024, 17:10)

wpuser

Montag, 8. Februar 2021, 19:55

1. No, I don't have access to that here. I'm using Swiftech HydrX. It's all I have on-hand.
Aqua Computer said many times, that the virtual sensor only works with DP Ultra.

Montag, 8. Februar 2021, 20:28

Aqua Computer said many times, that the virtual sensor only works with DP Ultra.
Seriously? They created a function that only works with their coolant? A coolant that I can't buy here.
The promotional video doesn't mention anything like 'Virtual flow sensor works only with DP Ultra coolant'.

I'm really hoping this isn't true because otherwise I really like this pump.

wpuser

Montag, 8. Februar 2021, 20:44

Seriously? They created a function that only works with their coolant? A coolant that I can't buy here.
The promotional video doesn't mention anything like 'Virtual flow sensor works only with DP Ultra coolant'.

I'm really hoping this isn't true because otherwise I really like this pump.

Please read the manual, page 19:

Zitat

Prerequisites for use:
● Double Protect Ultra as coolant
● Pump speed of at least 3000 rpm
● Flow rate of at least 80 l/h
● No additional pump in the cooling system
● Calibration process completed
Flow rates below 80 l/h will not be displayed due to increasing imprecision of the
calculation method for low flow rates.

They wrote it also in the Forum:
Genau das [anderes Kühlmittel] macht aber den Unterschied. Das steht auch so in der aquasuite und im Handbuch.
Wie bei der aquastream geht der Virtuelle Flow Sensor nur mit DP Ultra.

Translation:
"But it is exactly that [different coolant] that makes the difference. This is also stated in the aquasuite and in the manual.
As with the aquastream, the virtual flow sensor only works with DP Ultra."

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »wpuser« (9. Februar 2021, 01:12)

Montag, 8. Februar 2021, 21:04

Those prerequisites should definitely be boldly stated on the product page description, so one is aware of them prior to purchase.

Montag, 8. Februar 2021, 22:21

This is just slimy advertising behavior on behalf of Aquacomputer. They created a feature that can only be used with their coolant, without clearly advertising that fact. The only place I can purchase DP Ultra is through amazon.ca, and it costs CDN $70 per 1l. It is sold by aquacomputer. My loop takes just over 2l. So the coolant would cost me almost as much as the pump itself, and that's for one fill.

This has been my first Aquacomputer product purchase and it has been disappointment.

Dienstag, 9. Februar 2021, 09:08

This function needs to know about the viscosity of the coolant. Otherwise it will not work.
So you simply need to achieve the right viscosity. You can mix a coolant with ~30% ethylen-glycole. This will have approx. the same vicosity as DP Ultra and the function will work.