• 26.04.2024, 07:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

First watercooled build

Samstag, 13. Februar 2021, 11:49

Dear all,
I'm slowly gathering parts for my first water cooled PC. For this build I will use
1* HW labs GTX 360
1* HW labs GTX 420
1* EKWB Ryzen edition CPU block
3* Artic Bionix F140 (case fans, on top out flow, two bottom inflow)

3* Artic Bionix P140 (fan for 420)
3* Artic Bionix P120 (fan for 360)
1* EKWB D5 PWM pump in a tube reservoir

I know this is overkill, in the future I'll add a water cooled GPU as well. But that might take a while.
For this I bought the AquaComputer Octo. However the Octo has 8 (duh) PWM fan outputs. The Arctic fans can be daisy chained. So my plan is to daisy chain the three P140 into one, the three P120 into one and the two F140 bottom intake into one. That means that I will use 4 PWM outputs of the OCTO for 9 case fans and one PWM output for the D5 pump.
Will this work?

Also I am looking at some RGB solutions, my GPU block has 5v DRGB. From what I've see is that Aquacomputer mostly supports 12V RGB, Is there a way to connect the CPU block to the Octo? Maybe together with the RGBpx lighting set for PC case. Or would all that be too much for a single OCTO?
Ryzen 5800X

Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL
MSI MEG B500 unify-X
G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-4000C16D-32GTZR
Asus GTX1080 OC
AOC AG352UCG
PSU undecided yet. Seasonic TX 750 or Corsair HX850 v2 I think.

Any tips would be welome

Montag, 15. Februar 2021, 05:21

I can't comment on the DRGB as i don't do lighting myself but the fans/pump will work fine as you have described. I originally used lots of splitter cables but I went away from them in favour of splitty9's as i found it to be a lot tidier :)
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Montag, 15. Februar 2021, 19:26

For this I bought the AquaComputer Octo. However the Octo has 8 (duh) PWM fan outputs. The Arctic fans can be daisy chained. So my plan is to daisy chain the three P140 into one, the three P120 into one and the two F140 bottom intake into one. That means that I will use 4 PWM outputs of the OCTO for 9 case fans and one PWM output for the D5 pump. Will this work?
Yes, this works.

Also I am looking at some RGB solutions, my GPU block has 5v DRGB. From what I've see is that Aquacomputer mostly supports 12V RGB, Is there a way to connect the CPU block to the Octo? Maybe together with the RGBpx lighting set for PC case. Or would all that be too much for a single OCTO?
The OCTO has two RGBpx connectors. Each connector can control up to 90 LEDs.
RGBpx supports 5V adressable LEDs that use the WS2812 Protocol.

If the OCTO has a free RGBpx Connector, you can use a RGBpx Cable and an Adapter to 3Pin DRGB to connect your CPU Block to the OCTO.
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3829
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3763

If both RGBpx Connectors are in use, it depends on your existing Lightning Set if you can add the CPU Block or not.
More Information about your Lightning is required to answer this.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (15. Februar 2021, 19:29)