• 16.04.2024, 12:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

pneuma

Question about relay and atx breakline with aquaero 6 LT

Samstag, 27. Februar 2021, 22:17

Hi guys I'm new to the forums my name is Tim/pneuma just introducing myself I had a few questions about the atx breakline and wiring it correctly. I have the 6 LT and I have the atx breakline as well as the vision power switch cord as well that I can cut up and adapt if need be. I also have both a 2 pol and a 3 pol relay to work with. I want to wire the atx breakline so that it can create a shutdown should something happen. I have cut the green wire that loops between the ATX breakline at the end and stripped the ends to put into 1 pol? Tell me if I'm doing something wrong please. Then The purple and black wire go into another pol? Thats where I get lost do the purple and black wire get used if so how? I can do both methods I wired my entire system and sleeved everything myself so I'm not shy to it. I just need to know how it gets wired together for the aquaero 6 instead of the 5 I've seen a bunch of the wiring diagrams for the 5 but that doesnt help me. If someone could actually point me in the right direction as I've done so much searching on this forum and I havent actually found a wiring diagram for the 6 that uses tha atx breakline. I've seen the one I think that uses the reset cord on the q connector for the power switch. If someone could help and actually show me how I go about wiring these either method to work with an aquaero 6 LT. If someone could help that would be amazing?

xdecock

Sonntag, 28. Februar 2021, 09:47

You should connect it to normaly closed + common pole.

This will require the relay to be activated on your aquaero to shutdown the computer.

The 3 pin relay is basically a source pin plus 1 pin connected to the source when the relay is off ( normaly closed ) and one pin connected when the relay is on ( normaly open )

If you want the aquaero to act as an emergency shutdown, the normaly closed is your best bet.

Sonntag, 28. Februar 2021, 16:01

Then The purple and black wire go into another pol?
NO, that will destroy your Hardware!

The Purple and Black cable are for standby power for the Aquaero 5. The purple wire gives +5V, the black wire is ground.
If you have a Aquaero 6, you dont need the purple and black wire. Please ignore them.

To make the ATX Break work, you need to cut the green wire and put one end of the green wire into Relais Pin 1, the other end of the green wire into Relais Pin 3.
Here is a picture on how to wire it. Click here.

If you activate the Relais in the Aquasuite software, your Computer will turn off instantly. All unsaved Data will be lost.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (28. Februar 2021, 16:30)

pneuma

Montag, 1. März 2021, 01:40

Thankyou so much at least I understand now lol. I have it wired just like you said I'm about to plug it into the aquaero6 and test it. I get it that it will immediately shut off the pc thats sort of what I want lol. No countdowns no beeping just kill the power. Ok so another question can I just pull the black and purple wire and put new female atx pins in for the 24 pin cable itself. If the purple and black wires aren't necessary I'm going to remove them. I have a ton of gold atx terminals on the way so just remove and replace/reinstall. Gonna sleeve the green wire as well so it looks a bit better.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dh4HWOk…iew?usp=sharing

Montag, 1. März 2021, 19:59

Yes, you can remove the purple and black wire.

pneuma

Dienstag, 2. März 2021, 04:10

Ok I drained the loop today to install a drain I figured its as good a time as any to add the atx breakline so I installed it. Ok I goto boot it well acts like its going to boot than doesnt you see the lights all turn on for a brief moment then everything goes out and it doesnt boot. I unplug the atx breakline it boots right away. So my question is how do I setup the relay so it boots?
I've briefly seen people talking about setting it up to get it to boot but I have no idea what they are talkinga bout b/c none of the threads are specirfic? So how do I setup the relay in aquasite to get this breakline working?
Thanks in advance.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pneuma« (2. März 2021, 05:15)

Dienstag, 2. März 2021, 18:14

It looks like the Aquaero is switching the Relay right after startup.

You need to go in the Aquasuite Software and specify conditions, when the Aquaero should activate the Relay.

I cant help you with the Aquasuite Settings.

pneuma

Dienstag, 2. März 2021, 18:22

Yeah I need help with the aquasite settings as this is my first time dealing the aqaucomputer stuff ? I tried to figure it out, but I'm not sure if its right and I had an issue before when I didn't know what I was doing I almost burned my entire computer down by accidnetally plugging the wrong flow plug into the wrong flow plug. Causing a 12v rail to leak onto a 5v connection turned a usb hub into a puddle! So before I go and do something that I'm not sure about again and just take my chances I really want to make sure I'm doing the right thing lol. So if someone could help me with the settings that would be awesome. I still need help with the relay seitting and gettting this ATX Breakline actually installed. Right now its half installed I have it plugged into the aquaero but the 24pin end is not plugged into my psu cable and the 24pin rgb extension I have. b/c as soon as I do it the computer wont' boot the settings I have in aquasite arent corrent to allow it to boot? Anyone know how to work these relay settings so the computer will boot?

Ok I have two questions actually: Needed Help with power adjust 3 and the pump molex cord that comes wiht ↓
I also need help setting up my power adjust 3 and the laing cable that comes with it. I can not figure this CABLE out either. Output= 1 x 2 pin 12v molex plug+ 1x 1pin pwm plug) - I put in a 4 pin female pwm connector as apposed to the 3 pin it came with. My pumps all have 4 pin pwm connectors on them so didn't make any sense to leaver it 3 pin. I just want to know how I can get my pump working off of this cable? I dont understand it when I plug it it I get no 12v output through it as far as I can tell? I don't know how to set it up in the aquasite software to work properly I don't think. I'm sure it's possible to get 12v outputting through the cable for the pump but I just dont know how?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pneuma« (2. März 2021, 22:48)

Mittwoch, 3. März 2021, 19:00

I can not figure this CABLE out either
The Cable is required to connect an older Laing pump (like this one: https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=2301 ) to the Poweradjust.
If your Pump already has a 4 Pin pwm connector, you dont need the cable and can connect the pump directly to the Fan connector on the Poweradjust

The Poweradjust can only control pumps by Voltage. It does not support PWM.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (3. März 2021, 19:14)

pneuma

Mittwoch, 3. März 2021, 19:21

Ok now I understand a bit better. That helps me with the power adjust at least lol. Now if someone could help me with this relay. Sorry I'm a total noob to AC stuff if they actually had real instruction booklets with these things I wouldnt need to ask all these questions and granted I've read every instruction booklet they did come with back to front well the english part of it anyway. They don't cover stuff like that or relays or any of the settings in aquasuite none of that. I guess they just assume your an electrical/software engineer or something and can figure it out just by looking at it or something.
That does make sense as its called a "power adjust" adjust "whatever" using power, even though from the looks of it in aquasuite I can speed control the device or power control it using the power adjust 3.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pneuma« (3. März 2021, 19:33)

Mittwoch, 3. März 2021, 19:56

Here is a part of the Aquaero Instructions on how to configure the Relais.

19.3. Example configuration for emergency shutdown with power switch connector
Configuration procedure:
●Add a “Preset value” controller, set to 0 % power, assign output “Relay” to this controller (corresponds to factory defaults).
●Configure output “Relay” as switched output (corresponds to factory defaults).
●Add an alarm action to alarm level 3 (name “Emergency shutdown”): “Relay: On”
●Add a temperature alarm: Data source “Sensor 1”, “Temperature exceedslimits”, alarm limit 60 °C, alarm level “Emergency shutdown”.
●Cut the 3 pin connector from the alarm cable (53217), strip the insulationand connect to the relay plug (53080).
●Disconnect the PC mains cable from the wall socket and install the 2 pinconnectors of the alarm cable between motherboard and power switch connector.
In this example configuration, the PC will be shut down if the temperature at sen-sor 1 exceeds 60 °C.
This may result in data loss as operating system and runningprograms are not shut down properly!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (3. März 2021, 19:59)

pneuma

Donnerstag, 4. März 2021, 07:09

You are the man thankyou lol I just realized the manuals they send with these arent the full manuals lol well I am a noob so Im still learning things. I didn't notice that part at the end of they send with the aquaero and every other thing is part of the manual not the entire thing. Guess that saves paper lol. Either way thankyou I never saw these instructions, with this I just set it all up lol I'm going to try and plug it in right now. Yeah following the instructions its quite easy.
Worked perfectly Thankyou well at least I know their are instructions for these things.
I've actually been talking to shoggy also on reddit for some of these detailed settings.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pneuma« (5. März 2021, 19:34)

pneuma

Freitag, 7. Mai 2021, 18:41

After adding a bunch of other aqua computer products into the mix, I can't get the breakline working? I had it working for a long time but recently I changed my pump over to an ultitube 150 with the d5 next pump I added a lot while doing that Including an octo and another aquaero5 LT now the relay doesn't work at all I've tried everything I can think of... I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong here? I deleted the relays on the 5LT just in case it was affecting how the break line worked with the 6LT. For whatever reason If I plug the breakline in, I get a post bios display boot loop that occurs. Hopefully, @Hufeisen can help me once again b/c I'm not sure what's going on with this relay. In "Outputs" on relay do I have to change the values on it? Default it's at 45 and 55? Should that get changed?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pneuma« (7. Mai 2021, 18:48)

pneuma

Samstag, 8. Mai 2021, 20:00

Do I have to create another thread for this? I can't get an atx breakline working on my system. I have an aquaero 5 Lt & 6 Lt neither are slaves both are primary as I use the aquaero5 to cool itself with a Noctua heatsink setup. None the less I turned off all the relay stuff with the 5 so it didn't affect the 6 I wasn't sure if they cross-talked but I'm sure it's the same protocols and programming so just for safety and testing purposes I turned it all off on the 5. Then I tried enabling it thinking maybe it needed it. Then I tried to reset the setup to default stock on both nothing is working. I get to my Asus bios post display where the motherboard is reading the GPU gives the boot post beep meaning everything is good. I get to right where windows is loading services before it actually loads the o/s the system REBOOTS? This was happening before that why I went back to this post b/c its virtually the same problem I fixed before but the fix that worked before is not working now.